Baldridge 38 special / Sydgen Enhance

Help Support CattleToday:

Statefan62

Reaction score
Wondering your thoughts on a future flush. Have a 38 special bull calf and he's a stand out. AI'd enhance this past spring so I don't have any real experience with him yet.

Have not seen any 38 Special calves. The Enhance calves are good and his numbers have improved due to his calves having data turned in. 314 birth weights in and 165 weaning wts turned in, so more data on the way.

The first picture is 38 special son out of a impact daughter that weaned at 803 Pounds and the smaller one is was out of my cleanup bull an excitement son . Dam is a brilliance daughter .He weaned at 680 pounds was alittle bit younger than the 38 special. Obviously not a professional photographer. The 38 special bill is like a puppy enjoys a good back scratch every once in a while. Any thoughts and comments appreciated !

I like that second bull. The first one looks extremely post legged.

That second one is gonna make a great bull though. I'd take him :)

The first one seems to be a little weak in his top as well? I'm not a pro at this so just going off of what I think. Would make a great steer

holm25":1vhtsr0s said:
I like that second bull. The first one looks extremely post legged.

Interesting observation. After saying that, I went back and looked at his sire. He looks post legged as well. It looks like his growth is really good especially for a CE Bull though.

To be honest I never noticed that until I posted the picture but I'll see if I can get a better one. Been really happy with the herd bull consindering he wasn't my first choice when we bought him.

Latest posts