Bail out

Help Support CattleToday:

Government bailouts are for weasels and snakes. If the government would just let the markets sort themselves out we'd all be better off in the long run. This year the Japanese are paying a 38% tariff on US beef imports.
The government has no idea how to run a business, and should even be allowed to try.

greybeard":i1ui63tm said:
I find it hard to believe there is an 11 million pound cheese surplus, as much cheese as Skyhightree eats.
someone needs to let sky know somebody has surplus cheese he will take care of it :lol:

I've got a surplus of horn flies and cow shyt. Reckon the govt is interested in purchasing either or both :lol:

Maybe they they could just purchase my cattle, as current prices suggest there is a surplus of beef :hide:

Bigfoot":2qgrm9xa said:
There going to buy it, and then give it away. Makes perfect sense.
They make it sound like this is something new. The feds have been doing it for years!

True Grit Farms":ayxodzfc said:
Government bailouts are for weasels and snakes. If the government would just let the markets sort themselves out we'd all be better off in the long run. This year the Japanese are paying a 38% tariff on US beef imports.
The government has no idea how to run a business, and should even be allowed to try.
The dairyman gets no money from this program. He's already been paid for his milk months ago. This simply attempts to removed surplus cheese. It will only give users of more cheese than they need possibly even having the affect of lowering milk prices for the dairy owner. This is not a dairy bail out by any means.

Latest posts