bail bondsman

Help Support CattleToday:

OleScout":t1bbdmhv said:
Many years ago I frequented the cowboy bars in Memphis. One of my bar associates was a bounty hunter. He came in one night and we were standing at the bar discussing world issues. The young lady that managed the establishment came over and asked him if that was his truck sitting out front. He said yes it was. She asked if he could park it around back. Seems he had one of his minority clients handcuffed to a spare tire bolted in the bed of the truck. Manager felt that didn't look good!

In Memphis...I can honestly believe every word of that story. Rough town even when I was there in the late 60s and again in the mid 70s.
(Day or night, Sunday, holiday or work day, the sirens never stop in that place.if God ever again decides to give the world an enema, that's where he's gonna stick the hose)

I have a friend that I played football with in middle school that is a bail bondsman (used to be a professional wrestler). There was a guy that was stealing from his grandmother and writing bad checks on his deceased grandfather's closed bank account (among a lot of other things such as fraudulently getting a mortgage on her home. My client was in her 90's). I filed a complaint with the Sheriffs Dept and had him arrested. He wrote a bad check on the same account to pay the bail bondsman. My friend called me and asked what was up and I asked did you even look at what he was charged with????????

My friend never got his money.... :roll:

greybeard":3k9hjjpz said:
OleScout":3k9hjjpz said:
Many years ago I frequented the cowboy bars in Memphis. One of my bar associates was a bounty hunter. He came in one night and we were standing at the bar discussing world issues. The young lady that managed the establishment came over and asked him if that was his truck sitting out front. He said yes it was. She asked if he could park it around back. Seems he had one of his minority clients handcuffed to a spare tire bolted in the bed of the truck. Manager felt that didn't look good!

In Memphis...I can honestly believe every word of that story. Rough town even when I was there in the late 60s and again in the mid 70s.
(Day or night, Sunday, holiday or work day, the sirens never stop in that place.if God ever again decides to give the world an enema, that's where he's gonna stick the hose)

That is why God invented Florida, to give Memphis someplace to look down on.... :hide: :banana:
(PS... It is TN vs FL week, affectionately known here as the official "Hate Florida Week"

greybeard":23ryt75u said:
OleScout":23ryt75u said:

I don't know. Chicago, LA or DC are good places to start as well.

greybeard":y037vsob said:
Bright Raven":y037vsob said:
Nothing wrong with a comfortable 400 sq ft house.
I lived in one that was about 600 sq ft once. The living room was 9'X18' with a wood burning stove at the far end of it--only source of heat for the house. I kinda liked it..wife hated it. Lived in it about 11 months just before and while they were building my present home. I have a pic of it somewhere...

The house, after I cobbled up a screened front porch that almost doubled the size of the place.

Living room. Had a sofa that was against the left wall. Had no trouble seeing or hearing the TV that was against the right wall for awhile, tho we later moved into the only bedroom in the place. Wood stove that I had in there is now in my shop.

'Dining room' and kitchen which didn't have much room at all to it tho I did plumb in and hook up a washing machine in there.. Dryer was just past the fridge against the far left kitchen wall.

jpg host

Latest posts