Bad wreck -- lawyer up, or no?

Help Support CattleToday:

Glad you were able to resolve it, and more importantly that the cloudiness got better. The medical (and sports) fields have only recently come to realize just how serious knocks to the noggin are.
I have been after my son to finally get his motorcycle accident situation resolved. (A teen driver ran into him 18 mos ago). He has a rib that still needs some ortho work, a foot that can now predict rain, and he has complained of memory issues ever since the accident (which threw him over the top of the car and onto the road. He was wearing full helmet and Kevlar riding gear; otherwise, ER said he would have been killed).
He, like you, was very lucky. But he is young and is not properly accounting for the issues gimpy mentioned (the issues you will realize when you're 50 which came from that accident when you were 22)....
Did you have to sue them or were you able to resolve short of the court?

I stay clear of lawyers. Personal and professional. I have yet to find one that does not think they are doing wrong by twisting the truth as "everyone" in their profession does it, so it must be OK.
They always want things to work out for their "fee or percentage" and the truth is not in them. If you want to go a different direction in the case that will reduce their winnings, they will do everything in their power to prevent it from happening.

That first meeting, they tell you everything you want to hear, even if you are the one being sued. How they will fight for you and get the charges reversed. The thought of walking in a lawyers office totally sickens me. I once was sued by another employee that was trying to get to the company and claimed that I hit them when there were witnesses around to prove that I did not. It cost me $20,000 to be defended, and was told they would make that person repay my bill. When it came time to do that, they said that the person didn't have the money and I could forget all the anxiety and pain this person put me through. The lawyer told me if I lost the case, I could lose my house, etc.... So I was stuck. The lawyer did not even keep up with the case and was not prepared when the meetings came about. It was a horrible experience, and my advice about lawyers, is to stay clear.

The man that sued me tried several different lawyers trying to get millions from the company and it was thrown out of court. Just writing about it makes my blood boil.