Bad weather.

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score
It's hailing like heck here now. My truck is parked outside and I'm not going out there to move it. Bet the cows are in the tree's, and the lighting is really bad. Think I'll eat some dinner.

I am guessing that given your location and the time of your post, dinner means lunch? The use of various words in a conversation can many times be a conversation in themselves. I had a lady in my class that asked me what kind of "pop" we had. I wonder where she was from?

That hail can total a truck if big enough. One question HG will you have a fire going ? Its pretty cold here and raining like crazy and im half tempted to start one.

skyhightree1":vgh7ac9d said:
melking":vgh7ac9d said:
I had a lady in my class that asked me what kind of "pop" we had.

We say pop here :shock:

:lol: Every kind of soda is called "Coke" here....Tell the waitress you want a coke and she asks what kind lol

M-5":ephnfj3m said:
I don't know how many time I've had to explain to people that dinner is at noon and supper is the evening meal.
Just what your use to I guess. Bout like sweet tea and grits.

My Dad said as a kid here it was dinner and noon and supper in the evening. But all my life (63 years) it has been lunch and then dinner. It is rare to even hear the word supper.

You can tell the time difference. When HG posted this it was still breakfast time here for all but early risers.

Grandpa and Dad are dinner and supper folks. Pop is the name Dad called my Grandpa (his Dad) and now the name my kids call my Dad.

It is getting close to supper time here and we have not had a drop of rain. Do not want hail, but sure could use some rain. Hope your truck was not damaged.

My county in Middle GA has been blessed with much needed rain tonight. It started while we were in church and just kept on. We rode on to the farm and it rained hard all the way over there and back home. Lightning was bad, but no hail. Fields are all standing in water now so maybe irrigation can be stopped for a while. I am truly thankful for this good rain. Hope everyone else that needed some got it.

Latest posts