bad flu bug going around

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
Heads up with the flu bug going around here. My sons friend who is 7, has a very bad case of the flu/pneumonia. It started out as vomiting, yesterday his chest started hurting, and he said he was always hot, but had no fever. They took him to the ER last night, and they said he had to be admitted he had pneumonia, only all the beds in hte hospitals in a 50 mile radius were filled, so at the last minute one opened up, and he was taken by ambulance to a hospital 60 miles away, and was in ICU all today, where he had fluid around his lungs and heart, which was drained. They expect him to be in the hospital for over a week. Pretty scary! What ripped my heart out was that his younger brother told his parents that he had told him that he thought he was going to die, can U imagine?

Gail

heres hoping the little feller gets back on his feet soon.an sometimes little ones know when or if they may not get over their sickness. my brother an a friend of mine both have that bad flu.an my brother has has a pretty good fever for 3 days.think he is feeling some better.he hasnt worked since mon.i know i dont want it.but i think i had the same flu a few weeks ago tho.but i dont have the bad fever.

GMN, tons of flu and pneumonia going around here too. Last week and man and his son both died from the flu and complications. The wife of the man is still in the hospital.

CKC, that is such a heartbreaking story, I am so sorry for your family's loss.

Update: They drained a half liter of fluid yesterday, and have him on IV antibiotics, where he is pretty much sleep induced for most of the time, but they told his parents that he is recovering well, and may be out in less than a week. Good news, he is quite the lil character.

Gail

My little girl had this a couple weeks ago. She is fine now . It hurts my heart to see children sick.

MistyMorning":2ce6f41v said:
GMN, tons of flu and pneumonia going around here too. Last week and man and his son both died from the flu and complications. The wife of the man is still in the hospital.

CKC, that is such a heartbreaking story, I am so sorry for your family's loss.

Thanks, it was horrible. The family is still hurting. Her Mom and Dad are separated now. My cousin is heartbroken. I think that was the worse funeral I have ever had to go to, devastating.

my brother finally went to the dr today.we think its the flu thats going around because is having high fever an cant get out of bed.he isnt eating or drinking that much at all.

bigbull338":1vnhyktw said:
my brother finally went to the dr today.we think its the flu thats going around because is having high fever an cant get out of bed.he isnt eating or drinking that much at all.

Hope he feels better soon.

Gail

Latest posts