Backhoe Tires on Tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Has any one tried running backhoe tires on the front of a tractor?

My foam filled tires gave way this past weekend after 6 or 7 years. They were a 6 or 8 ply 4 rib tire. I can get 12 or 14ply in the backhoe tire. I'm thinking about slimming the backhoe tires and seeing if I can get by with out the foam.

The foam filled tires do the job but they are rough and hard to handle.

I don't see why not , most of the old 2wd tractors here get upgraded to used 16" AT truck tires after the 3 rib blows out . Ive been running 1 truck tire spare of over a year on my 2630 with a FEL

D2Cat":2vqfm7hi said:
Might get some tires like these folks sell. I got a set of 15" airplane tires from them about 10 years ago for my 10' bush hog mower. They were mounted on painted wheels with a valve stem guard, for less then I though a tire would cost.

http://www.heywheel.com/

We have had airplane tires before. The turning was pretty bad. Nothing is perfect though and it may be the lesser of two evils. Thanks for link.

I'm down to only one place that still has some decent stumps left from shredding. In a year or two it will be cleaned up and it won't be such a big deal. I need new rear tires also but I'm trying to make it until I get that last place in shape.

Latest posts