Back up camera

Help Support CattleToday:

Lucky

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good aftermarket backup camera? My Ford has the little screen for the camera and I can barely see to use it. It would be nice to have the wireless cameras if they would work.

I have this one. Same brand but the camera is wireless. I can move it around on any vehicle. I use it for hooking up trailers, and especially the gooseneck camper. It works great.
You have to read the descriptions carefully, a lot of what they call "wireless" aren't. They consider them wireless if the camera and screen aren't wired together, yet like the first one, the camera still needs wired for power. The one I have is actually wireless, it has a built in rechargeable battery. I attach it to my truck with a magnet when hooking up trailers. When I use it as a rear camera on the camper I attach it to the license plate bolts.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Y6R6DCD/?tag=cattletoday00-20

Last edited:
I installed this one on my daughter's truck - AUTO-VOX M1W Wireless Backup Camera Kit. She uses it to hook up a bumper pull trailer and it is still working four years later. It is wireless for the image, but does require a power connection. I tapped into the backup light wire from the 7-way trailer plug wiring so it is only powered when in reverse. $100 from amazon.

When I turn to my right as stiff as my neck is getting I may need one before long. I think it is from all the years turning around watching equipment I have worn it out. What did we do before all this tech?

Something like that would sure be handy for a crew cab pickup and goosenecks. Can't see nothing out of those things.

Something like that would sure be handy for a crew cab pickup and goosenecks. Can't see nothing out of those things.
It's a huge help. I have an extended cab short bed and it was all but impossible to see the hitch and reach the pedals and back up at the same time. With the camera I just sit and watch the screen and get in position on the first try every time.

When I turn to my right as stiff as my neck is getting I may need one before long. I think it is from all the years turning around watching equipment I have worn it out. What did we do before all this tech?
That's what wives and younger family members were for.
"Git out there in the cold rain and tell me which way and how far! "
Keep going till ya hear glass break...

After Dad backed the loader into my brother in law's new pickup, he said "I'm too stiff to look back -- I just drive by feel." BIL wasn't too disappointed because it was the box and he wanted a flatbed on it anyway.

Latest posts