BACK BLADE

Help Support CattleToday:

tsmaxx47

Reaction score
i'm currently in the market for a back blade (3 point hitch type non-hydralic) for my ford 43hp diesel. i'd like to move snow with it in the winter and also do some landscaping. i'm leaning toward a priefort because i'm not familiar with other types. i looked at one at tractor supply today - brand name "county line". any of you familiar with that line? i could use advice on this project as i don't want to end up with a piece of crap blade. i'm thinking i should stay in the 72 inch range. would the tractor handle that?

I don't know how much snow you have to push in Oklahoma.

I have a balde for my little 3610 Ford diesel. I pushed 18 inches of snow with it last year and it did fine.

mine is a simple three point hitch that i bought at a farm sale years ago It was well used then but has served me well for nearly two decades. The frame is stout and all I use it for is ocassional grading of the dirveway and pushing snow.

I could not tell you the brand of it.

to push snow I often turn the blade backwards and drive in reverse so the tractor does not have to buck the snow. works pretty well.

I work at a tractor supply store , county line is tsc's brand name , it is made by Tarter gate and equipment co. , they are light duty , if you don't abuse them they should be okay , we sold quite a few of them in the past 2 years and haven't had any come back with problems. Tarter also sells equipment under the name King Kutter.

Latest posts