BA X Gert -vs.- BA X Braford

Help Support CattleToday:

Either would be great. It'll come down too how would I have to pay to purchase the cow.We've had both I will say the Gert cross rasied some dang good calves though, and had a great temperment.

Take a Hereford bull and breed it to a Gert cow and then take that calf and breed to a BA bull. Best combination I have found that works on my place if you calf in the Spring time.

My Vote is Angus over Braford what I am currently doing.
Braford's are easier to come by.
I have anger issue's with Gert's.
Angus over beefmaster wouldn't be a bad combo either.
Favorite is Hereford over Brangus.
Brangus cow's are just to high in this part of the world.
On Gert's did I mention I have anger issue's.

I think the anger issue on gerts may be overrated. My gerts are extremely gentle. Like all cattle some are better then others. I can pet my calves as soon as born. I think how they are handled and th frequency of it makes a huge difference. Johnson hollow was shocked when he saw how easy going my gerts are.

midtncattle":1k6f0uxx said:
I think the anger issue on gerts may be overrated. My gerts are extremely gentle. Like all cattle some are better then others. I can pet my calves as soon as born. I think how they are handled and th frequency of it makes a huge difference. Johnson hollow was shocked when he saw how easy going my gerts are.

One fear I have when I get to heaven is the Good Lord tell's me I barely got in.
The job's that he has for me is working my uncles 250 Gert's and baleing the Lord's hayfield with my old Krone baler
for eternity.

Caustic Burno":1h2k8yvi said:
midtncattle":1h2k8yvi said:

One fear I have when I get to heaven is the Good Lord tell's me I barely got in.
The job's that he has for me is working my uncles 250 Gert's and baleing the Lord's hayfield with my old Krone baler
for eternity.

Your uncle must have sure had some shytty cattle...

SSGenetics":1var0v9e said:
Caustic Burno":1var0v9e said:
midtncattle":1var0v9e said:

for eternity.

Your uncle must have sure had some shytty cattle...

Most likely the kind you couldn't afford.
In the early 60's he was paying over 5000 dollars for bull's.
They weren't pet's Tiger aint got shyt on a Gert.
Put Gert's on sections of land you will find out.

I agree about hereford over brangus, i started with all brangus cattle and brangus and hereford is still one of my favorite crosses.

Latest posts