Ax-men

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
Read that one of the stars of the show daughter was killed by the family Rottwiler.
I don't watch the show.

alacattleman":2ga7hklo said:
peg4x4":2ga7hklo said:
Read that one of the stars of the show daughter was killed by the family Rottwiler.
I don't watch the show.
dam rottwilers, i hate em
And Dobermans. Remember when everybody had to have a Doberman named Diablo? Haven't seen one in 10 or 15 years. Wonder what happened there.

ga. prime":1wvlopxq said:
alacattleman":1wvlopxq said:
peg4x4":1wvlopxq said:
I don't watch the show.
dam rottwilers, i hate em
And Dobermans. Remember when everybody had to have a Doberman named Diablo? Haven't seen one in 10 or 15 years. Wonder what happened there.

You can say what you want and most times agree with you but I had a doberman and I think he was the best dog I ever had, never hurt anyone. I am one of those people that say it is all in how you raise them.

My sis had a doberman that she had raised with her two little girls. One night when there were about 8 people sitting around watching a movie in her living room, the dog was sleeping on the floor and her little one(3yrs old) was laying her head on the dogs side and sucking her thumb(like she had done every night for over a month) when the dog just raised up and tore her face to shreds with absolutely no warning. I shot him 2 weeks later after we had determined that he wasn't rabid. I have never felt more justified in my life.

I hate to judge all of a breed by just one or two individuals, but we'll never own another Rottweiler. We had one dog that was half Rott, 1/4 Shepherd and 1/4 wolf. She was a great dog until she got about a year old and her and a few area dogs made a pack and went on a spree killing livestock. Just one day out of the blue, about 5 area dogs disappeared and the reports of dead and mauled livestock started coming in. We blamed it on the wolf blood. So, hubby brought home a purebred Rott puppy. Got him free because he had a stub foot, breeder said momma nipped his little paw off when biting the cord. He was a beautiful dog, very smart but also very stubborn and aggressive. We tried to train and discipline him right, but he jumped our son who was about 8 at the time, so we took him outside and shot him as soon as the bite was cleaned and bandaged. Still shudder to think what might have happened if we wouldn't have been in the same room. I'm sure there are some fine Rott's out there, but I don't ever want another one.

MO_cows":pnea9ds8 said:
I hate to judge all of a breed by just one or two individuals, but we'll never own another Rottweiler. We had one dog that was half Rott, 1/4 Shepherd and 1/4 wolf. She was a great dog until she got about a year old and her and a few area dogs made a pack and went on a spree killing livestock. Just one day out of the blue, about 5 area dogs disappeared and the reports of dead and mauled livestock started coming in. We blamed it on the wolf blood. So, hubby brought home a purebred Rott puppy. Got him free because he had a stub foot, breeder said momma nipped his little paw off when biting the cord. He was a beautiful dog, very smart but also very stubborn and aggressive. We tried to train and discipline him right, but he jumped our son who was about 8 at the time, so we took him outside and shot him as soon as the bite was cleaned and bandaged. Still shudder to think what might have happened if we wouldn't have been in the same room. I'm sure there are some fine Rott's out there, but I don't ever want another one.

I consider Rotts and Dobies targets of opportunity. and I don't give a dam who that offends. They bred to be killing machines and they are good at their jobs.

3waycross":zbg9twlc said:
MO_cows":zbg9twlc said:

I consider Rotts and Dobies targets of opportunity. and I don't give a dam who that offends. They bred to be killing machines and they are good at their jobs.
I have to add Chow to the list we had one chained up just out from the house well he got tangled up and i went out to un tangle him if he hadent come to the end of the chain i beleve he would have hurt me bad.

rattler

rattler":2gz80i78 said:
3waycross":2gz80i78 said:
MO_cows":2gz80i78 said:

I have to add Chow to the list we had one chained up just out from the house well he got tangled up and i went out to un tangle him if he hadent come to the end of the chain i beleve he would have hurt me bad.

rattler

The place where I take the dogs in to be groomed once and a while refuses to do Chows..

Rotts may be bred to be killing machines now but of the 2 sweetest gentlst dipositioned dogs I've known one was a Rott and one a Pitbull. I bred cows for a guy that had a 1/2 dozen Rotts "helping" with the cows and they were sweet dogs.

Rotts also "know" they are lap dogs. Like anything else, good breeding is almost always better than Hienz 57 in livestock. Family has been raising high dollars Rotts for almost 4 decades. Great, great dogs. Even a few champions in the family.

I had a dobie I really loved. She never hurt anyone that she wasn't protecting us against. Then she just showed her teeth and barked a lot. I guess any dog can turn.

The worst dog bite I ever got was from a mutt. Didn't break skin but left a catcher's mit sized bruise on my thigh. Through my jeans. And I don't think he was really trying. It was the dog of a renter I had and I had gone to the house to store my Chirstmas decorations in my barn on that property. I called ahead and she sat on the porch while her dog bit me and did nothing.

I also happened to work with this woman, so a couple of days leter, I went into her office, closed the door and showed her the bruise. Not really a smart thing to do, since it was basically on my butt, but I wanted her to see it. I wanted her to be impressed with the power a dog's bite can have, not even breaking skin.

ive always had rottwielleres to me they are great dogs ive not had any that would bite anybody and ive never had anything stolen (knock on wood)anyting can change. and i also have a blue heeler that i think would bite someone if we werent around, and ive been bitten twice in the last month by the same little mut dog. so i guess its mostly in how there raised but sometimes i guess you catch them in a bad mood whatever breed they are

Latest posts