Aww crap--Blue Bell ice cream recall for listeria

Help Support CattleToday:

We had some that that we ate and got sick, then found out it was some that was bad, if you have any that's bad it has a S in the number on the bottom of the bucket, and if you eat it you will know what it is a few hours later.

1982vett":32vyv0qp said:
DAM F-ING NEWSPAPERS CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THEIR OWN STORY AND HEADLINE ACCORDINGLY.........Recalling production of ONE variety from 2 days production is SO DAM FAR from ALL..............

I mean.....Just in the Brenham plant....half gallon Homemade Vanilla runs on at least 2 of their 7 or 8 half gallon lines.....5 DAYS A WEEK.....

Headline all Cookie Dough from 2 days production as the story says................Hope BBell sues the pants off for that headline.
No--they've positively recalled all their products--they just used the cookie dough variety as the culprit behind the voluntary recall.

http://cdn.bluebell.com/the_little_crea ... uct-recall

Blue Bell's own press release:
For Immediate Release

News Media Contact: Joe Robertson, 979-830-9830, [email protected]

Consumer Contact: 1-866-608-3940

BLUE BELL CREAMERIES VOLUNTARILY EXPANDS RECALL TO INCLUDE ALL OF ITS PRODUCTS DUE TO POSSIBLE HEALTH RISK

BRENHAM, Texas, April 20, 2015 –Blue Bell Ice Cream of Brenham, Texas, is voluntarily recalling all of its products currently on the market made at all of its facilities including ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet and frozen snacks because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headaches, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.

"We're committed to doing the 100 percent right thing, and the best way to do that is to take all of our products off the market until we can be confident that they are all safe," said Paul Kruse, Blue Bell CEO and president. "We are heartbroken about this situation and apologize to all of our loyal Blue Bell fans and customers. Our entire history has been about making the very best and highest quality ice cream and we intend to fix this problem. We want enjoying our ice cream to be a source of joy and pleasure, never a cause for concern, so we are committed to getting this right."

The products being recalled are distributed to retail outlets, including food service accounts, convenience stores and supermarkets in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wyoming and international locations.

:???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: I just finished off a half gallon of marbled cream cheese brownie it was good and I didn't get sick. Sucks no good ice cream for awhile hope they get this fixed soon. Makes me very sad thinking of all that good ice cream going to waste.

That just stinks. I always buy Blue Bell, their homemade vanilla is the best tasting vanilla ice cream out there, and I also like to support them because they didn't shrink their container like everybody else. No "shrinkflation" with Blue Bell. There will be withdrawal at our house!

greybeard":3a7dvixv said:
1982vett":3a7dvixv said:
DAM F-ING NEWSPAPERS CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THEIR OWN STORY AND HEADLINE ACCORDINGLY.........Recalling production of ONE variety from 2 days production is SO DAM FAR from ALL..............

I mean.....Just in the Brenham plant....half gallon Homemade Vanilla runs on at least 2 of their 7 or 8 half gallon lines.....5 DAYS A WEEK.....

Headline all Cookie Dough from 2 days production as the story says................Hope BBell sues the pants off for that headline.
No--they've positively recalled all their products--they just used the cookie dough variety as the culprit behind the voluntary recall.

http://cdn.bluebell.com/the_little_crea ... uct-recall

Blue Bell's own press release:
For Immediate Release

News Media Contact: Joe Robertson, 979-830-9830, [email protected]

Consumer Contact: 1-866-608-3940

BLUE BELL CREAMERIES VOLUNTARILY EXPANDS RECALL TO INCLUDE ALL OF ITS PRODUCTS DUE TO POSSIBLE HEALTH RISK

BRENHAM, Texas, April 20, 2015 –Blue Bell Ice Cream of Brenham, Texas, is voluntarily recalling all of its products currently on the market made at all of its facilities including ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet and frozen snacks because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headaches, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.

"We're committed to doing the 100 percent right thing, and the best way to do that is to take all of our products off the market until we can be confident that they are all safe," said Paul Kruse, Blue Bell CEO and president. "We are heartbroken about this situation and apologize to all of our loyal Blue Bell fans and customers. Our entire history has been about making the very best and highest quality ice cream and we intend to fix this problem. We want enjoying our ice cream to be a source of joy and pleasure, never a cause for concern, so we are committed to getting this right."

The products being recalled are distributed to retail outlets, including food service accounts, convenience stores and supermarkets in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wyoming and Internationale said locations.

:D Dang. Busted by greybeard. Found out I had misinterpreted what the story said. Tried to get it down before anyone said anything but that didn't work either. Some days you just have to wear the egg. :nod:

wacocowboy":3itef4o9 said:
greybeard":3itef4o9 said:
I'm suffering withdrawal already. :???:

Same here I stopped in at DQ and got me a heath bar blizzard but really wanted some Blue Bell.

Have you tried the Snickers Blizzards? They won't make you forget about Blue Bell, but they're pretty good.

Yeah I have tried all kinds of blizzards most are good only ones that sucked were egg nog and smore's . Heath bar remains my all time favorite.

I just talked to a guy whose wife works in a large office. He said that the day the recall was announced a bunch of her co-workers left early hoping to get to the store to stock up before it was all pulled off the shelves. I like that.

Rafter S":1tpom6rd said:
I just talked to a guy whose wife works in a large office. He said that the day the recall was announced a bunch of her co-workers left early hoping to get to the store to stock up before it was all pulled off the shelves. I like that.

Wish I had thought of that

Blue Bell ice cream's return to store shelves is now "months away" according to Blue Bell ceo.

MONTGOMERY, Ala. — It is taking longer than expected for Blue Bell Ice Cream to make its way back into groceries, and the company's president said Thursday it is still months away "at a minimum."

The Blue Bell production plants in Brenham, Texas, Broken Arrow, Okla., and Sylacauga, Ala., are closed because of possible listeria contamination, and no ice cream is being produced at this time

Meanwhile, a government investigation released Thursday says Blue Bell had evidence of listeria bacteria in its Oklahoma plant as far back as March 2013. The company then continued to ship ice cream produced in that plant after what the Food and Drug Administration says was inadequate cleaning.

Three listeria deaths in Kansas are now linked to the ice cream. The company recalled all of its products last month, following several smaller recalls.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/bus ... /70965334/

Latest posts