Aubracs

Help Support CattleToday:

DoubleA Ranch

Reaction score
I have a real nice looking Aubrac bull that has a lot of the traits I desire. 1 problem, he's ornery and I can't trust him. From what I read this breed Typically has a good temperament. He was an et calf that was raised on a bottle, I don't know if this is part of the reason for his personality. I hate to ship him because he is a awesome specimen but I'm afraid that's what needs done. Any insight on this or the breed in general?

I would send him to slaughter. Should had band him while he's on the bottle. I can't trust any bottle fed bulls because they only view you as their own species and not a human.

I raise fullblood Aubrac seed stock. This bull should probably be cut. Drop me a message with your phone number and I'll call you.

ETA: I just realized you're new; I'll send you my number via private message and you can call me.

Having been a bottle calf may be part of the deal.
I wouldn't have him around.

If you consider the reputation as man-killers that dairy bulls - especially Jerseys - have... you have to consider... how much of it is actual innate malice, and how much is just due to the fact that they were taken from dam from Day One and raised in close proximity to humans - so they have none of the innate fear/respect for humans that we see in dam-raised cattle... and once they reach puberty... humans are regarded as just another 'rival'... and even the strongest man is no match for 1000 or 2000 lbs of testosterone fueled bone and muscle.

We see similar aggression toward humans with hand-reared intact male llamas - it's called 'berserk male syndrome' - and in hand-reared stallions.

Id say it depends on how much and how close you have to work with him if you only got to work him once in a while and there are no kids around id keep him and just watch out when i was with him. But if you got to work with him a lot and there are kids around id sell

ez14":3jszfmkn said:
Id say it depends on how much and how close you have to work with him if you only got to work him once in a while and there are no kids around id keep him and just watch out when i was with him. But if you got to work with him a lot and there are kids around id sell
Life is too short and there are more good bulls available for him. Bottle fed bulls are so unpredictable that you're more likely get killed by the bull when you're alone in the pasture or checking on the cattle.

I don't put up with ornery bulls either.. got slammed by one a month ago and that didn't feel too good...

IF he's really good otherwise.. get him collected and frozen. then put him in the freezer too.

Latest posts