atv winch

Help Support CattleToday:

Beef08":3f9rhtca said:
well is there anything cheaper than warn that is just as good?
There may be some "Junk Winches" advertised by Northern and harbor freight, but you get what you pay for. Warn would be my 1st and only pick.

Beef08":22j8mn3o said:
how much $$$ do the ramsey's normally run?

I have no idea about an ATV winch. I bought a 12,000 one for a truck and it was pricey, but no more than the Warn.

I have a Warn on one and a Gorilla (Ebay)on another, I really think they are the same winch. The gorilla is way cheaper but seems to be holding up fine. Both of these are about 5yrs old and used frequently. I'm not scared of either at this piont.

im not sure. cant remember the name on it. i got it from tractor supply though and i still see em sellin em for 69 bucks. i use it pullin fence or whatever. firewood draggin...got a good heavy sw and heavy wires to run it. i fab'd my own plate to mt it.

Think about what you are going to do with it. IF your one of those people who winches themselves up the side of a mountain go WARN. I have also heard real good things about Ramsey, not quite the same caliber as WARN but works for alot of people that don't flat out abuse their stuff. :D

If you are going to just pull around firewood and stuff, things a good piece of rope could do, you can probably go with a TSC $69. You pay for what you get with winches. ;-)

I Couldn't say anything about Ramsey ATV Winches, cause I dont own one, but as far as HD Winches go, there have probably been more Ramsey's sold as far as PTO and Hydraulic Winches go than just about any other brand. I wonder if Bradens are still made?

Brute 23":2596ay7o said:
Think about what you are going to do with it. IF your one of those people who winches themselves up the side of a mountain go WARN. I have also heard real good things about Ramsey, not quite the same caliber as WARN but works for alot of people that don't flat out abuse their stuff. :D

If you are going to just pull around firewood and stuff, things a good piece of rope could do, you can probably go with a TSC $69. You pay for what you get with winches. ;-)

that bout summs it up...fer average dont wanna pull t with the trans belt..itll do

I know the old saying you get what u pay for but honestly Warn has just about priced themselves out of sight! I had two ramseys, one of them froze up from getting moisture in it and the other on the $95 solenoid quit working. Now mind you i use my winches alot, they pull out extremely stuck 4wheelers, rhino's, and whatever else is out on the trail. And the get submersed regularly as we ride creeks alot.
Having said that i'm gonna try the new Viper winches from motoalliance.com. They are fully waterproof and very reasonably priced. Everyone i talk to who has bought one says there customer service is second to none. Just my .02 ;-)