Fencing ATV Modifications ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Have a 570 Polaris. Looking at some rack or tub type modifications to carry more electric fencing tools and materials. Any tips on what works well for you ?

Bare racks are about useless. Gotta have some sort of box setup to hold stuff, and something to hold a chainsaw. You can build a storage box out of wood pretty easily. A coffee can of clips/staples, chainsaw, stretcher, fencing pliers, and a partial roll of wire is all I pack for checking fence.

We have a couple Arctic Cats with the dump box bed. TBX is the model.

When I had a 4 wheeler, I bought one of those small cargo carriers that fits in the hitch on a truck(or atv). Made a decent sized wooden box to fit inside the carrier and used it to carry around all my extras. Worked well for fencing repairs. Could hold a couple buckets and other odds and ends.

I have an elevated de-reeler in the bed of mine right now to make unrolling high tensile a little easier. With that in there, all I can really use are 5-gallon buckets, but my next purchase will probably be a chainsaw holder.

I need something bigger as can't never find enough room for my fencing equipment. That old wood box I gave $5 for at a yard sale with it full of tools is what I use to get in certain places to fence..

Hubby used to have the Polaris Rancher Edition that came equipped with t-post hauler, spool, etc. that fit in the utility holes but you could remove them. Might want to check out Ranger Accessories.