Attacks on Livestock on the Rise

Help Support CattleToday:

That is awful. I can't believe people that would ever do that. I tell you what, it takes a hell of a person to shoot a harmless animal just munching on grass in the pastures. I hope that they get the SOB!

THG

It is amazing. I can't fathom why someone would do something like that. A guy I work cattle for around here has two or three calves shot, skinned and quartered every year on one of his rental farms. He finds the left overs laying by the fence next to the road. He has a pretty good idea who is doing it and he says they just don't have any money and have to feed their kids. Not that it makes him happy. Most of the time it is a 2 or 3 month old calf because they don't want to carry it if it is any heavier than that.

Senseless

They need to run another article, one where the reporter follows the farmer around and sees how hard everyone works to make a few bucks and how much losing one head of cattle costs the farmer. They should make it mandatory that the criminals have to pay the owner 3 x the cost of that animal. Maybe after 60 days in jail they should make probation with the stipulation the criminal has to work on that farm say 25 hours a week for 6 weeks. Maybe then they will realize they are not just something standiing in a pasture but something that makes a living for a family and in some cases the owners take a liking to them. Maybe that will clear things up for the idiots.

I know I am selling my bull this week and got to say hate to see him go

mind235":2khca033 said:
They need to run another article, one where the reporter follows the farmer around and sees how hard everyone works to make a few bucks and how much losing one head of cattle costs the farmer. They should make it mandatory that the criminals have to pay the owner 3 x the cost of that animal. Maybe after 60 days in jail they should make probation with the stipulation the criminal has to work on that farm say 25 hours a week for 6 weeks. Maybe then they will realize they are not just something standiing in a pasture but something that makes a living for a family and in some cases the owners take a liking to them. Maybe that will clear things up for the idiots.

I can sorta agree with that; BUT some of these punks are pretty wierd. IF I had a family, I don't think I would want them working anywhere near MY wife and kids.

It happens here too. My registered bulls are insured. What I don't like is the deer shiners spooking the cattle. It's sad that a few nut cases make it hard on everybody.

Latest posts