Atlanta

Help Support CattleToday:

Safe trip back as looks like plenty of rainy travel. You might could find another highway back.
301 from Ocala to I-95, bypasses Jacksonville, I-95 around Savannah to I-26 in South Carolina. I-26 through Asheville, NC to I-40 over the mountains to I-81. No big cities. About 20 miles of mountains and a couple of tunnels. 650 miles. 10 hours.

301 from Ocala to I-95, bypasses Jacksonville, I-95 around Savannah to I-26 in South Carolina. I-26 through Asheville, NC to I-40 over the mountains to I-81. No big cities. About 20 miles of mountains and a couple of tunnels. 650 miles. 10 hours.
Kenny would be better served taking I26 all the way to Kingsport and then he is almost home. Much better road than I40 and no tunnels. You can hardly tell you are going over the mountains.

Kenny would be better served taking I26 all the way to Kingsport and then he is almost home. Much better road than I40 and no tunnels. You can hardly tell you are going over the mountains.
The way I go as much better.

I agree. I hate I40 over those mountains. We take 107 from Greenville to Erwin to catch I26, just because we like that drive.
Probably for you close middle in between, about the same for me and I like that direction better.

Last edited:
You are correct. Atlanta at 2pm made up for being easy last night and Chattanooga was just as bad. Not sure why I didn't come back up 95

I-75 ended up being 12 hours but of course i had to stop at Buc-ee's.

I-75 ended up being 12 hours but of course i had to stop at Buc-ee's.
Never been to a Buc-ee's. I had heard there was one in Georgia now. Supposed to be getting one in Anderson, SC sometime in the next year or so. Sort of a Cracker Barrel version of a gas station, I guess.

Never been to a Buc-ee's. I had heard there was one in Georgia now. Supposed to be getting one in Anderson, SC sometime in the next year or so. Sort of a Cracker Barrel version of a gas station, I guess.
I think they are more akin to a Superstore version of a Pilot or Flying J. I did not know they have moved into Alabama and Georgia.

No way to compare it to anything else. 53,000 sq ft of store. 116 cars can get fuel all at once. No big trucks allowed. Great food, cleanest bathrooms. It's a must see.

I actually have traveled down that route. Do I get near your place if I come that way?

May be a must see... but once is enough. You just about need a loan to get a cup of coffee and a doughnut. the price of everything is ridiculous.

Latest posts