Artificial Insemination

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgurl1184

Reaction score
Will this System work? give 1mg of cystorelin, insert cidr, day six give shot of lutalayse, day 7 remove cidr, (guy said if id give another 1mg of cystorelin the egg would move down), then a.i 24 hours later...will this work? thanks

cowgurl1184":3t82g7bv said:
Will this System work? give 1mg of cystorelin, insert cidr, day six give shot of lutalayse, day 7 remove cidr, (guy said if id give another 1mg of cystorelin the egg would move down), then a.i 24 hours later...will this work? thanks

Try:
Day 1: 2ml cystrorelin and insert cider
Day 7: Remove Cider and 5 Ml Lutalayse
Observe for heat and AI then time AI at 72 hours. Also give 2ml of Cystroelin when Al.

I'll tell you what works absolutely the best. Feed them well and keep a real good mineral out free chioce. Catch them in standing heat, and AI 12 to 18 hours after the beginning of standing heat. Much less expensive, and much better percentages.

Does that work for anestrus cows? Would you be better off synchronizing 500 head or would you just hope to catch them standing?

AAOK":2fa2slex said:
I'll tell you what works absolutely the best. Feed them well and keep a real good mineral out free chioce. Catch them in standing heat, and AI 12 to 18 hours after the beginning of standing heat. Much less expensive, and much better percentages.

My percentages are better with the CIDR. We have one female line that only stands in the dark. Never caught many of them AI until we used the CIDR. Then we added EB to the CIDR protocal and we get 85% AI on the first time with no heat decteting.

Weekend breeding with no heat detecting:

Friday 2 cc Cystorelin + CIRD in
Next Friday 10AM CIDR out and 5 cc Lutalyse
Saturday 11AM 1 cc EB (estridiol benzoate 2mg/ml)
Sunday Noon on cows, or 3 PM on heifers breed AI

We have done this for 5 seasons and have gotten from 85 to 95% first AI conception on each group.

We run 'em through. 2 cc's of estrumate.

Breed them as they come into heat. About half of them will be in heat the third day after needling.

10 days later - another 2 cc's for those who have not been bred.

Three days later - wife is not home so I think it is three days (it's her game) - we breed all that remain.

Generally average about 60%. On a good year we might if we are lucky hit 65-70%.

Use the bull - different colour - to finish them off.

AAOK has the best method in my opinion! We use it often as possible. But it does allow the calving period to be a bit longer.

We try to keep it down to 4-6 weeks.

Bez!

Latest posts