Artifacts

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence

Keyboard cowboy
Reaction score
Took my wild indians to scratch around my old Indian camp this morning. We have 5 mounds and a cave/cavern that runs a couple hundred yards and up to 30' underground.

One of the bigger rooms

6598.jpeg

6596.jpeg

Old fence builder in his natural habitat.

(Handing kids down)

6594.jpeg
Smoke on ceiling
IMG_20220710_112118.jpg
Digging in a moundIMG_20220709_183118.jpg
Half days haulIMG_20220710_140736.jpgIMG_20220701_182339.jpg

Took my wild indians to scratch around my old Indian camp this morning. We have 5 mounds and a cave/cavern that runs a couple hundred yards and up to 30' underground.

Half days haulView attachment 18823
I my state they arrest people for digging up the past...

But I don't know why Anthropologists and Archeologists are the only ones that can collect what's in the ground. They stick what they find in a drawer or a few pieces end up in a museum and very few people ever see them.

I have one that looks a lot like the lower left point. I'd like to know if it's Clovis but don't know anyone to ask.

But I don't know why Anthropologists and Archeologists are the only ones that can collect what's in the ground. They stick what they find in a drawer or a few pieces end up in a museum and very few people ever see them.

I have one that looks a lot like the lower left tip. I'd like to know if it's Clovis but don't know anyone to ask.
Totally legal if it's on your land.
Let's see your point. I know a Clovis

The key to a I'd on a Clovis is really in the base. I'll send you a picture when I get set down.
Do you know dates on your own dig? How old and designations on the people at that time? Finding any pottery? Fabrics? Bone tools?

We also have a very worn tooth that has a drilled hole in the root so it could be tied on a shirt or strung as a necklace.

Do you know dates on your own dig? How old and designations on the people at that time? Finding any pottery? Fabrics? Bone tools?

We also have a very worn tooth that has a drilled hole in the root so it could be tied on a shirt or strung as a necklace.

Paleo to historic. 13,000 to 500 bp.
Camp was used by multiple people for over 10,000 year's maybe much more. Different types of points show up at different depths I'm only a few miles from the gault site which is one of the oldest Clovis sites in North America.
I've never found a unbroken Clovis myself but I've had guest find a couple.

Very interesting. There are some mounds a few miles up the road from here, We occasionally will find an arrowhead around, but nothing like that amount. Maybe half of that over the course of my near 50 years. Friends that live about 50 miles north of here have found quite a few, from some of the artifacts they have found there must have been a settlement or at least a temporary camp set up on or nearby their land.

Wow that is very interesting Fence. Were those artifacts in the photo the result of digging on this day? I guess the cave would be what kept bringing them back to this location, a bit more permanent shelter.

Ken

Wow that is very interesting Fence. Were those artifacts in the photo the result of digging on this day? I guess the cave would be what kept bringing them back to this location, a bit more permanent shelter.

Ken
All found today. Six people and a very good guide lol. The hole was already opened up I keep tools stashed there for when I feel like looking. So the hard work was done.
I think the thing with the cave was water. It's a underground cavern. Water drips from stalagmites even now during drought. Just my speculation of course.

I have one that looks a lot like the lower left point. I'd like to know if it's Clovis but don't know anyone to ask.
in AZ it is ok on private land, but you have to report and give up anything from a burial.

I was standing on the edge of the Oregon Trail in the Blue Mountains today. A short distance away is the Boise to Umatilla stage road. Very easy to see both of the roads the wagons made. It would be interesting to take a good metal detector and hike along the trail with it. I was on forest circus ground so you couldn't do it there. But I have a couple neighbors who own some pretty good stretches of the trail.

All found today. Six people and a very good guide lol. The hole was already opened up I keep tools stashed there for when I feel like looking. So the hard work was done.
I think the thing with the cave was water. It's a underground cavern. Water drips from stalagmites even now during drought. Just my speculation of course.
Wow that's unreal. You must have found their armory.

Ken

Latest posts