Arkansas State Fair

Help Support CattleToday:

SHOWMOM

Reaction score
Whew!!!!! We just rolled in from Little Rock and the State Fair.... Jumped the calves out of the trailer, fed, watered, and here I sit ready to brag, (just a little bit)..
In the open Maine Anjou show we won our class and was grand champion in our division with our 8 1/2 mo old bull. We placed 1st in class and was reserve champion in the Maintainer bull show, and won 3rd in our bull class in the Jr. show. So not bad and we're proud we did as well as we did. We get a couple of weeks off before our new steer arrives, and we are thinking about going to Ft. Worth in January, may get it handed to us but we think it will be fun....So if there is anyone else that just left "The Rock" post and let me know how ya'll did, it is hard to watch all shows the way they're spread out...

SHOWMOM":gk9pvryq said:
Whew!!!!! We just rolled in from Little Rock and the State Fair.... Jumped the calves out of the trailer, fed, watered, and here I sit ready to brag, (just a little bit)..
In the open Maine Anjou show we won our class and was grand champion in our division with our 8 1/2 mo old bull. We placed 1st in class and was reserve champion in the Maintainer bull show, and won 3rd in our bull class in the Jr. show. So not bad and we're proud we did as well as we did. We get a couple of weeks off before our new steer arrives, and we are thinking about going to Ft. Worth in January, may get it handed to us but we think it will be fun....So if there is anyone else that just left "The Rock" post and let me know how ya'll did, it is hard to watch all shows the way they're spread out...
sounds like you did good, but what does "get it handed to us" mean??

I didn't get to go, but my Beefmaster bull was grand champion. The girl showing him has done a great job. The bull's sire won GC too, the year before last.

Too bad kids can't show bulls in Texas, I would love to see him go to Ft.Worth, and Houston.

cattleluvr18":2of43rwr said:
SHOWMOM":2of43rwr said:
sounds like you did good, but what does "get it handed to us" mean??
get beat

I actually didn't make it up there but I ended up buying the Grand Champion Shorthorn bull. DA Oscar, a really great looking bull. I do have a CF Look out of CF Trump bull for sale if anyone would like to take a look at him I will post a pic on here. Look for Jack was the Reserve Grand Shorthorn bull at Nebraska State Fair.

Latest posts