Are you working the system?

Help Support CattleToday:

Are we talking about the free Obama phones? I still see the portable shelters set up in town giving them away. I knew a lady that would use the minutes up and go back and get another phone will the full minutes. She had about 4 phones when I knew her.

They reload minutes not sure why she get a new phone.... or 4. She sounds fun. Ballin' on Obama phones... better question is what was you doing with the lady you picked up Ballin on 4 phones?! Bahahahahaha. I got 2 phones. ... one for the and one for the I got 2 phones... she got 4 phones one for her normal phone one for her drug deals one for her hook up and another for she got 4 phones. *singing
Well that explains a lot. A product of the poor me generation. I narrowly missed it as I am in my 40's now or maybe I was just blessed with parents that taught me better. I do have a younger sister in her late 20's who has a college degree she paid for all on her own so I guess it can be done.
Never said I was, in fact exactly my point. Everyday average lower middle class raised me has managed success despite many hard times. I am not special but I am not a quitter or a poor me-er either. If I have my hand out it is to shake on a deal where I do honest work for honest pay not with my thumb up looking for a free ride.

Thats rude....how you talk to elders. I may say something joking. Most people here know I'm joking. Your disrespectful little boy. You wouldn't feel the need to have to say your honest worker and all if you were. "was just blessed with parents that taught me better.".... try learning respecting your elderly... you have a smart mouth.

When I was in school ( mid 70's) you could get a loan to cover tuition, some books, and dorm cost. Now days, they borrow money for all of that, PLUS a new car, PULS an apartment, PLUS spending money. I be damned if that loan should be forgiven, or that I should have to pay it for them.

Before everybody expects everything for free.

Thats rude....how you talk to elders. I may say something joking. Most people here know I'm joking. Your disrespectful little boy. You wouldn't feel the need to have to say your honest worker and all if you were. "was just blessed with parents that taught me better.".... try learning respecting your elderly... you have a smart mouth.

Before everybody expects everything for free.
Bless your heart.

How many took CFAP money??? I feel dirty every time I pull that shiny new rake. Lol
Wow..you bought a new rake? Mine went 70% for hay with 30% hay fertilizer to re-seed bare spots on the ground. Next time I'll buy T-posts or barb-wire...something that lasts. Unfortunately there won't be any more next times. I believe it was a crazy one-time gift to cattle ranchers. When the economy does tank we ALL can feel shame, blame and guilt about taking money from the government.

U got a rake??
All I got was an old wore out ford and a couple scrawny jersey cows! O! And one longhorn heifer that wants to kill me every time she sees me..
Oh, you got on her bad side. You will need to do the banana trick on your longhorn heifer. If you're too scared to hand her a banana directly in her mouth...just throw two in her feed bin first (cut off the hard top ends, leave the skins) and stand there waiting for her to finish the two ripe banana about 17 seconds. She'll start drooling saliva all over herself to the ground, standing in delightful bliss...then you hand her the 3rd banana right out of your hand. Guarantee she's love to see you every time you come...but you must bring at least one banana for her every time. You got to treat her special.

Wow..you bought a new rake? Mine went 70% for hay with 30% hay fertilizer to re-seed bare spots on the ground. Next time I'll buy T-posts or barb-wire...something that lasts. Unfortunately there won't be any more next times. I believe it was a crazy one-time gift to cattle ranchers. When the economy does tank we ALL can feel shame, blame and guilt about taking money from the government.
Your CFAP money won't break the gov't. It's all paper money anyway, they just print more when the need arises. Also, if you got 20-40,000, just think what the fat cats everywhere fleeced out of the deal.

Without knowing you personally, I can almost guarantee that you and everyone else in this discussion has paid in way more money than you'll ever get back.

Your CFAP money won't break the gov't. It's all paper money anyway, they just print more when the need arises. Also, if you got 20-40,000, just think what the fat cats everywhere fleeced out of the deal.

Without knowing you personally, I can almost guarantee that you and everyone else in this discussion has paid in way more money than you'll ever get back.
ahhahah, yeah, I got $440. CFAP I just started. We all pay for it inflation wise. You know, if i may suggest...has anyone noticed...Inflation is higher 10 to 20% rise on EVERYTHING...with the exception of Gold and Silver...they are DOWN 10% last year. I'll call THAT a Big Controlled Bluff to keep people out of precious metals. Maybe they have millenniums fooled taking up residency in the fake worthless Crypto so-called inflation hedge....but I'm standing my ground and buying up more gold and silver. God's law ratio 1:16 gold/silver in the Earth....I'd say silver would be an awesome bet for an inflation hedge as the price ratio of gold to silver is 1:80, humanity is breaking God's laws. Years ago a 1 ounce Double-Gold-Liberty-Eagle was equal to 20 Peace or Morgan silver dollars...1:20 ratio...close per the Earth Crust Ratio 1:16. I have to invest in WRONG pictures...sooner or later God or the Natural Earth's crust will correct things. BTW, my prediction short-term is Stagflation....which is inflation with a dead economy, money not moving.

Not arguing but much of the new money is merely an electronic blip to accounts and does not require printing. That is even worse in that you do not have anything to put in the wheelbarrow to go get a loaf of bread.

I am 70. I got my first calf when I was 8. In all those years of raising cattle I have got government money 3 times. None of it amounted to much. It was handy but certainly not game changing.
I worked for a conservation district for 23 years. I see there is an opening on the board of the conservation district here. I thought about volunteering. I figured that I would bring a different perspective to the board. And for me I would get to know people in ag out side my close neighbors. The old guy who is the chair of the board told my wife that the advantage to being on the board is that you are in the front of the line on any new programs that come out. Not my idea or plan but it certainly tell you about some peoples motivation.

Are we talking about the free Obama phones? I still see the portable shelters set up in town giving them away. I knew a lady that would use the minutes up and go back and get another phone will the full minutes. She had about 4 phones when I knew her.
I wonder if those phones have GPS tracking, so the government knows what street corner they're on selling their drugs?
Many of the people collecting the benefits are below poverty level but have wads of cash in their pockets.

I wonder if those phones have GPS tracking, so the government knows what street corner they're on selling their drugs?
Many of the people collecting the benefits are below poverty level but have wads of cash in their pockets.
They dont want to arrest them. That would cost them votes.

I prefer that they not take my money in the first place, it's more difficult to get it back from them in one of their programs.
Me too. I have one business that makes the money to live on (income taxes paid on the salary part, K-1 shows the net profit) and the other that has been spending quite a bit of it acquiring/retaining cows and equipment (negative K-1). The K-1's usually wash out and we annually add more cows, infrastructure, etc. We are about filled up with cows though, so if things go right will have to make a decision on new truck or a 4WD loader tractor to keep squashing down the ranch K-1.

Me too. I have one business that makes the money to live on (income taxes paid on the salary part, K-1 shows the net profit) and the other that has been spending quite a bit of it acquiring/retaining cows and equipment (negative K-1). The K-1's usually wash out and we annually add more cows, infrastructure, etc. We are about filled up with cows though, so if things go right will have to make a decision on new truck or a 4WD loader tractor to keep squashing down the ranch K-1.
People knock corporations for not paying their fair share of taxes, but they follow all of the tax laws that are in place. They would rather spend the money on R&D or expansion plans rather than paying it to the government. In the end it benefits their shareholders with dividends and/or capital gains, plus it employs people all of which are taxed.

Bless your heart.

Fine SmokinM you win... this time. What you smoking Marijuana?! Heck no better run. What does SmokinM mean?
Apparently, I read it as you were being disrespectful and a smart butt. Maybe I miss read it in a tone I thought you were meaning. Sorry about that.

Fine SmokinM you win... this time. What you smoking Marijuana?! Heck no better run. What does SmokinM mean?
Apparently, I read it as you were being disrespectful and a smart butt. Maybe I miss read it in a tone I thought you were meaning. Sorry about that.
Haven't you heard that Marijuana is legal where he is. Up to 1 ounce. 1 ounce in my day would keep you happy for a week. They say it's much stronger now.

There is only one time that I made some real money off the government. It was on a spring development. The project was on BLM property. The BLM installed well over 1/2 a mile of pipeline. We were told that the conservation district had money to install 4 water troughs and hook up one existing trough in this system. About September of that year they called me and told me they couldn't get anyone to do the project under their budget. So another rancher and I would have to do it. We both have grazing rights to that allotment. There was a budget to pay for the troughs and hardware. They had $10,000 to pay for the installation but the only bid they got was $40,000!!!!! I asked if we could get the $10,000 for installing the troughs. We got a firm no. I told them that I was 68 and the other guy is a one man army on his ranch. Could we hire some help? Eventually they agreed we could hire some help. We hired a neighboring rancher and ran it through him. I was put in charge of the paper work and gathering the troughs and hardware. The neighbor and I spent half a day calculating the plumbing counting travel. I spent a day and some travel finding all the needed parts. It took 2 days to install mainly do to travel to this remote location. Neighbor said to get every dime we could out of them. I said no we are coming in under budget. That way they won't question us. We installed 4 troughs for a mere $9,800 which we split 3 ways. I felt like asking if they had any other of these project they would want us to look at.

There is only one time that I made some real money off the government. It was on a spring development. The project was on BLM property. The BLM installed well over 1/2 a mile of pipeline. We were told that the conservation district had money to install 4 water troughs and hook up one existing trough in this system. About September of that year they called me and told me they couldn't get anyone to do the project under their budget. So another rancher and I would have to do it. We both have grazing rights to that allotment. There was a budget to pay for the troughs and hardware. They had $10,000 to pay for the installation but the only bid they got was $40,000!!!!! I asked if we could get the $10,000 for installing the troughs. We got a firm no. I told them that I was 68 and the other guy is a one man army on his ranch. Could we hire some help? Eventually they agreed we could hire some help. We hired a neighboring rancher and ran it through him. I was put in charge of the paper work and gathering the troughs and hardware. The neighbor and I spent half a day calculating the plumbing counting travel. I spent a day and some travel finding all the needed parts. It took 2 days to install mainly do to travel to this remote location. Neighbor said to get every dime we could out of them. I said no we are coming in under budget. That way they won't question us. We installed 4 troughs for a mere $9,800 which we split 3 ways. I felt like asking if they had any other of these project they would want us to look at.
Maybe the government pulled one on you there Dave. Got a 40000.00 job done for 9800.00......

Haven't you heard that Marijuana is legal where he is. Up to 1 ounce. 1 ounce in my day would keep you happy for a week. They say it's much stronger now.

Eye rolling. Yea trust me these people here drive there to buy it. Doesn't make sense to me, it's still illegal here. Driving to a state it's legal were they see your i.d. wonder where Bob from Kentucky going after leaving the store in Illinois with his 1 oz Marijuana..... duh maybe back across Stateline to Kentucky. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Oh Bob and his suv full of his buddies that went around all the dispensary before returning back to Kentucky.
*Illinois residents can purchase up to 30 grams (one ounce) of marijuana flower, 5 grams of extract or concentrate, and 500 mg of THC in an infused product (edibles) , per day at one store.
What is that just Kentucky losing money? Illinois gaining money. People thinking it's better to cross state lines to buy the crap from a store... just federal charges. *Interstate trafficking I wish they set up and lock them up left and right for the crap.
This high roller church people over here don't cuss or nothing believe it fine to go to Illinois to buy the crap and bring it here. Hello Kentucky its illegal.
At least if your going to do that crap buy it in state instead of risking federal charges. Education alls yourself...
I don't care for it or alcohol. More people that believe it's okay to drink after drinking and smoking. I look at the arrest here it's unbelievable people that drive under the influence and repeat offenders. Kill a person... it's a slap on the hand..5-20 at most.... so they value a drunks life more important than a sober drive? Kentucky needs stronger laws on that stuff.
Makes me miss Bigfoot. I was looking forward to him doing that political stuff.

Latest posts