Are different breeds still necessary?

Help Support CattleToday:

mooo":1zmj0jxr said:
tdc_cattle dealer is not going to let equipment go for wholesale price .that is aginst there code.they would black ball any one who did ! you can still find good deals though i have few i watch closely but i know if i bid cheap and dont get it i know whos lot to look at !they arent big name new equip dealers but they have big name in used iron !

I guess we've had different experiences. I have deffently bought equipment online at wholesale prices.

There's one dealer in particular that I find doesn't have good business practices when it comes to auctions.. They buy darned near everything that's not a wreck, and buy everything they can from craigslist, and sell the clapped out garbage at the auction and dress it up to look like it works.

wholesale price fluctuates on used equip in otherwords diffrent times used equip depends on demand they may have had it setting around for sometime also sometimes you can catch a break they willl let some items go just to keep an honest reputation .
new equip is whole different story
as far dealers buying up everything yea got several of those 1 local i watch he an his sons started doing that in the 80s any thing in demand they buy it up an hold for top dollar watched them controll local auctions people get to the point they allmost stop bidding thats when you see pickups leaveing early depending on quality of farm machinery

worked at dealers as mech in 80s i dont feel guilty because i was makeing my pay check but yes drug things in spent min. amount time as posible and as few new parts as possible and they made a good profit . but there wasnt a lot of new equipment being sold in the 80s that is where the true profit is along with parts ! if people relized how much batterys an tires an such are marked up they would hurt someone !used to get my batterys at 40% less floor price an they were still makeing 2 dollars tires are worse ! thats all im going say shouldt have started this :wave:

My favorite thing to do to those people is to bid them up and drop out... at least make them pay for it, or pay fees if they're buying it back

:wave: why not there are doing it to you ! Nesikep thats what makes the auction .
Let me get one thing straight ! if a person feels like they bought somthing at a good price you did !if you feel good about the deal thats all that matters !

I'm glad someone asked this. We are a small Louisiana Lowline Ranch and have a great deal of people with interest buy our Bulls for cross breeding. We understand there are long line family ranchers with so much more at 'steak' and if what we sell helps their birth rates and ease to their herd we are glad we do not have the well considered and high in demand herd some of the others out there do. We are proud our little Lowline Angus function well into smart decisions for the large Ranch herds out there and wouldn't have chosen it any other way.
Established in 2013 we have so much to learn in handling, field maintenance, and AI decisions with our own breed I'm glad to be here and read the big boys opinions. And maybe one day knowing enough about what our capabilities are we will be able to help with our breed in other ways.

Latest posts