Personal Information:
Name ___________________son
Sex: ___ Ole ___ Lena

Home Address ________________ Cabin Address ________________

Religion: _____ Lutheran ______ Catholic

Income: ____We do OK ____We're Blessed ____None of your beeswax

Qualifications: (check all that apply)
___ I own a gas powered ice auger.
___ Fargo floods hit a little close to home.
___ I can name a dozen celebrities who've stayed at the Mayo
___ I can name a dozen celebrities who've stayed at Hazelton
___ I've been trick or treating in two feet of snow.
___ My grandmother made me eat lutefisk. ___ I liked it!
___ I've been to a block party.
___ My first beer was an Old Milwaukee.
___ I have a back up set of jumper cables in my trunk.

True/ False:
___ I actually listen to telemarketers.
___ "Have a Nice Day" is an ORDER!
___ TV news anchors are celebrities.
___ Part of my tongue is on a flagpole somewhere.
___ It's not a rubber binder! It's a rubber band.
___ They mistake pop for "soda" or "coke" in most other states.
___ Hot Dish is neither a beautiful woman nor an overheated plate.
___ Paw is both a hand and the male parent.

Multiple Choice:
It's time to wear a hat when.
A) The temperature is below 10 degrees.
B) Your mother tells you to!
C) The temperature is -10 and the wind chill is in double digits.

Essay Question:
What "UFF-DA" means to me ____________________________________

You know you're from Minnesota when.....

Your idea of a traffic jam is 10 cars waiting to pass a tractor.
"Vacation" means going to Brainerd for the weekend.
You measure distance in hours.
You know several people who have hit deer more than once.
You often switch from "heat" to "a/c" in the same day.
You use a down comforter in the summer.
Your grandparents drive 65 mph through 13 feet of snow during a blizzard, without flinching.
You see people wearing hunting clothes to social events.
You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both doors unlocked.
You think of the major food groups as venison, walleye, and Old Milwaukee..
You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
There are 7 empty cars running in the parking lot at the grocery store at any given time.
You design your kids Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
You think sexy lingerie is tube socks and flannel p.j.'s.
You know all four seasons; almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.
It takes you 3 hours to go to the store for one item even when you're a rush because you have to stop to talk to everyone in town.

john250":6bzy02o6 said:
BwaaHaaa Ha.
I could pass for a Minnesotan except for the Norwegian thing. I would move up there, if it wasn't colder than a valkyrie's <> in a brass bra.
:shock: Pray tell John ~ what do you know about a valkyrie's "<>"? 8)

Wow, that is awsome can realat to some of those since i live half an hour from Minnesota. I ahve sevearl coausins and aunts and uncles that live in minnesota and they deffinatly fit that. YOu forgot that a true Minnesotan takes the one sillable word boat and turns it into the two syllable BO--ATand its not Minnesota its Miniesoota. LOL other wise it was pretty acurate oh and the whole debate over roof and how its pronounced when a dog barks or as in the roof of a house.

angie":2zrq2mnc said:
john250":2zrq2mnc said:
BwaaHaaa Ha.
I could pass for a Minnesotan except for the Norwegian thing. I would move up there, if it wasn't colder than a valkyrie's <> in a brass bra.
:shock: Pray tell John ~ what do you know about a valkyrie's "<>"? 8)

Just a colorful metaphor, Angie. Maybe I should have said "colder than a well-drillers knee" for you young impressionable folk.

1982vett":20hfd6wg said:

We do that here quite regularly.

I do that once a day here lately. Heat in the mornings and a/c in the afternoon.

Here the seasons are winter, wish it was summer, summer, and wish it was winter.

Lammie":g4ktbob8 said:
1982vett":g4ktbob8 said:

I do that once a day here lately. Heat in the mornings and a/c in the afternoon.

Here the seasons are winter, wish it was summer, summer, and wish it was winter.

We have June, July and Winter. :help:

I gotta tip my hat to you folks up there. :tiphat: I don't know how you do it year after year. I want to thank you also as someone needs to live up there and it may as well be you. :cboy:

mnmtranching":1w7hdgys said:
Lammie":1w7hdgys said:
1982vett":1w7hdgys said:

We have June, July and Winter. :help:

The last house I lived in I upgraded the ac/heating thermostat to one of the fancy programable ones. Worked fine in the summer when it was always hot, but in the winter it wasn't smart enought to know you needed heat in the morning and ac in the afternoon. :lol2:

Got em all right Angel with the exception of the lutefisk one. I thank the Good Lord every day that I am of mostly German descent. :nod: Got a couple of additions, the nickname for Old Milwaukee is "old drill" amd we like to keep our beer from freezing when out on the lake in the winter by adding something with a higher proof to it. :shock:

Angus/Brangus":wsy8w8bc said:
MistyMorning":wsy8w8bc said:
Got em all right Angel with the exception of the lutefisk one. I thank the Good Lord every day that I am of mostly German descent. :nod: Got a couple of additions, the nickname for Old Milwaukee is "old drill" amd we like to keep our beer from freezing when out on the lake in the winter by adding something with a higher proof to it. :shock:

Finally.......................we get ................................an explanation :lol2: :clap:

So what ya saying there A/B? They are polluted when they eat that stuff? :lol2:

Let's get something PERFECTLY clear here. All Minnesoootans are NOT of Norwegian descent. All Minnesooootans do NOT like lutefisk. All Minnesoootans DO like beer 8)

Sounds like NY, except we don't speak the same language. Heck up here I think most people can't talk. Your lucky if they grunt once in a while. And what ever you do, don't expect a smile. :shock:

flaboy":31gwbguq said:
MistyMorning":31gwbguq said:
All Minnesoootans DO like beer 8)

My kind of gal! :drink:

Amen....around here a guy can get run over by these Germans and Czechs at "beer thirty". (which is really just about any time of the day) Nothing like seeing a farmer bail off a huge tractor pulling a planter that looks like it will plant 40 rows at a time and run in and buy a 12-pack. Sort of like his "coffee break". Probably really good about midnight unless he runs out before then. Guess it makes it easier to follow those terraces. :lol2:

Most everything you said can apply here except the cold. I'm glad it's you there and not me. It just another sunny day in South GA. 80+ degrees today :)

Was watching a movie last night in dispatch that was filmed in the south. I said to the dispatchers that you people down there are the shiniest people I ever saw! :shock: Not too often we work up a sweat laying on the couch up here.

Just for the record ~ I think the others from Mn really do like lutefisk, they just say they don't. If you cook it right and put butter on it, it's good enough for company! The smell doesn't last more than a couple of days ~ three at the most. I don't know ~ I cannot imagine. Is like not caring for kipper snacks, pickled herring, smelt and Glueck beer. Crazy talk!