Apple or Microsoft

Help Support CattleToday:

mitchwi

Reaction score
It is time I break down and get a new computer for home, primarily for the kids to have internet access and software for homework. I have always had MS products, but I know at my office we spend a ton of $ on firewall, spyware, adware, virus protection, etc, etc. And even that has failed at times. My sister mentioned I should look into a Mac product, as the majority of virus - etc problems are written for MS and VERY few are ever written for the Mac's.

I was wondering if any one has input on going with a Mac VS MS?

Thanks!

Michele

I would go with a Mac. They seem to be the hot item nowadays... apparently there are lots more things for the Macs, too. I, personally, dont really know, but my good friend that is fixing to graduate with a computer science degree swears by them and their abilities..

Mac's + the software are expensive. Look for more virus and hack problems as their popularity increases. But they are fun to play with.
I run a couple of Windows based systems, never have virus, spyware, malware, or any of the other problems. And don't spend a penny for virus protection, firewall or spyware protection. Thats another problem with the Macs, not enough freeware written for them.

In the past, Macs had the best video and graphics and PCs had the best and most applications. Anymore, other then the volume of software it's probably about a wash between them. One serious problem with Macs is the availability of qualified service people.

dun

There won't be a need for repair people because the Mac won't break down. I have had mine for 4 years (imac) and have not had one problem virus or otherwise. The new macs are now able to run all windows programs. Plus, if you are into media (pics, video, email) there is nothing simpler to learn or to use.

:lol: I've been around Macs and PCs my whole life, and they are just as likely to break down as a PC and whole bunch more dollars to fix when they do.

Stick to the PC, especially if the kids are getting software from school to use. It'd be a shame if a teacher passed out learning software, and for whatever reason the Mac emulator failed to execute it properly. PCs are standard learning tools across the US and Canada, so stick to the standard and skip the odd duck stuff. Your kids will be much more happy for it.

Rod

All I can say DJ is that you are lucky, hate to say it but it's just a matter of time until you have a crash.

I would go with a PC unless you are needing a computer to process a lot of graphics type applications, ect.

mac are good but most school's use PC and give out homework on that format. have spoken to a few teachers in the US and they said the same. Ask your children what their schools use and go by that.

Latest posts