Appalachian Mountain Farming (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

hillbilly beef man":1m8blkxf said:
trappersteve":1m8blkxf said:
kenny thomas":1m8blkxf said:
I was not far from you this weekend. I have been in Hillsville at the trade day and gun trade.
Kenny I wish I would have known it I would have come and seen ya I live about 20 mins from hillsville

I was up there too. This is the 5th year I have went. I beleive that if you cannot find it in Hillsville it has never been made.
I agree, we bought a bear trap. I had never even seen one before. This one was home made but works well. Took 2 people to set it.

Absolutely beautiful. Have not been up that way in a while, but would love to come back. Thanks for sharing.

Deepsouth":1bd3pd12 said:
Love the pictures fitz! Thanks for sharing them but do us a favor and take some more in a few weeks when the trees have there fall color.

Thanks all. I did mention that's not my place. The good thing is she lets me use it like it is.
I do hope the trees color well this year. I'll get some pics.
Speaking of season change, It's ACORN time again.

fitz

fitz":10aiidqa said:
Deepsouth":10aiidqa said:
Love the pictures fitz! Thanks for sharing them but do us a favor and take some more in a few weeks when the trees have there fall color.

Thanks all. I did mention that's not my place. The good thing is she lets me use it like it is.

fitz

Whats a acorn ?

skyhightree1":31ujd620 said:
fitz":31ujd620 said:
Deepsouth":31ujd620 said:

fitz

Whats a acorn ?

It's what I call a nut that grows on an oak tree. But I'm not an arborist. I just know I don't like cows eating em.

fitz

lol no no I was just teasing ... I was saying that cause I haven't found one tree here that has any on it. I am supposed to be an Arborist if I don't know what one is then I am in the wrong business for sure :lol2:

The white oaks are loaded here too. I have be never worried about the cows eating them. The only time I have known them to be a problem is when acorns are the only thing that they have to eat. As long as they still have some grass I have never had any problems.

oh never really worried about it I dont have any white oaks in my pastures. The only thing that worried me was apple trees in the pastures.

Let me know when one of your neighbors has to sell. That is beautiful country.

Fitz I know you do enjoy getting up each morning and take it all in, what a very wonderful place you live. Thank you so very much for those pictures.