Anything worth seeing between MN and AR

Help Support CattleToday:

Kjfred

Reaction score
The mrs, kids, mother in law and I are piling in an rv next week and heading to crater of diamonds state park in AR next week. Probably take I35 and I49. Anything along the way a person should stop and see?

Kjfred":gs4riqqm said:
The mrs, kids, mother in law and I are piling in an rv next week and heading to crater of diamonds state park in AR next week. Probably take I35 and I49. Anything along the way a person should stop and see?

If you don't mind me asking. What part of MN are you from?

Renville co. Smack dab in the middle of row crop country.
What neck of the woods are you in?

Kjfred":l3phoe90 said:

Becker county. Not far from Fargo nd. Pretty darn dry up here right now

I've never traveled from that direction but I've been to Crater of Diamonds 3 times with the family when the kids were younger and we lived in Texas. We always loved it! Never got rich but it was fun.

There was a southern style restaraunt there that had a Razorbacks theme and you could write your name on the wall. The cooking was phenomenal. I don't remember the name though.

There is a website you can use for unique stops along your route. I used it on our trip to SD to break up the travel and stretch legs. I'll try and look it up tomorrow. But boy, are you going to see some beautiful country! I'm jealous.

Humidity is heavy, so pack gills and plenty of bug spray.

NEFarmwife":1eyneb6e said:
I've never traveled from that direction but I've been to Crater of Diamonds 3 times with the family when the kids were younger and we lived in Texas. We always loved it! Never got rich but it was fun.

There was a southern style restaraunt there that had a Razorbacks theme and you could write your name on the wall. The cooking was phenomenal. I don't remember the name though.
There is a website you can use for unique stops along your route. I used it on our trip to SD to break up the travel and stretch legs. I'll try and look it up tomorrow. But boy, are you going to see some beautiful country! I'm jealous.

Humidity is heavy, so pack gills and plenty of bug spray.
Thanks. We will have to keep an eye out for it. As much as I dislike leaving home it should be a good trip, no real hurry to get anywhere.

Crystal bridges in Bentonville/rogers ar, a museum project by Alice Walton , is supposed to be real nice .

Kjfred":1g9dmhhb said:
Eureka Springs in NW corner of Arkansas is pretty neat. Been a while since I've visited.

holm25":253mz21t said:
Kjfred":253mz21t said:

Becker county. Not far from Fargo nd. Pretty darn dry up here right now
W
Just got back from a wedding and visiting in laws up there. You're not kidding about it being dry. Was raining when we left at least.

Latest posts