anyone with connections in Hall County Texas?

Help Support CattleToday:

ga.prime":mceb4nvb said:
So, nobody thinks the law is out there enforcing the law and trying to make highways safer? It's all just a sham, a conspiracy to fund their departments?

Edit- Besides 82vette and myself?

Sure many are there to help and are a real asset to the city..county...state...whatever....but many are nothing more than uniformed ticket writers and you know that too gaprime so no need to try and be PC....put some of these guys on a real crime scene and they couldn't find their ass with both hands.

TexasBred":681x8rbt said:
ga.prime":681x8rbt said:
So, nobody thinks the law is out there enforcing the law and trying to make highways safer? It's all just a sham, a conspiracy to fund their departments?

Sure many are there to help and are a real asset to the city..county...state...whatever....but many are nothing more than uniformed ticket writers and you know that too gaprime so no need to try and be PC....put some of these guys on a real crime scene and they couldn't find their ass with both hands.
they darn good at finding women though... would'nt trust these here, in a sht house with a muzzle on
:cowboy:

TexasBred":2522kx0d said:
ga.prime":2522kx0d said:

First time I've been accused of being PC. :lol2:

ga.prime":28u7kebm said:
TexasBred":28u7kebm said:
ga.prime":28u7kebm said:

First time I've been accused of being PC. :lol2:
do it make you feel dirty all over, dont know about you.. but id just as soon him call me a sob :cowboy:

ga.prime":3ifobptx said:

Nope, I believe that it's definitely their job and they are trying to make the roads safer. I was doing 75 in a 70, so I should have been given a ticket. I do think that the officer missed the person he thought was going 83 though.

I called the justice of the Peace in Hall county, and talked to a really nice lady there. She told me that they had complaints daily about the "traps". Poor woman had to hear it from everyone. She just asked that I send in $175.10 with a copy of my liscence and my insurance paperwork and she would make sure it didn't go on my record. Seems fair.

I may stop on my way back today and pay it to get it over with. There's really no other short way to go back to Louisiana from Colorado without passing through that god forsaken town.

Cypress, why not just go south to Lubbock adn then to Sweetwater and head east on I-20?? Might be a little longer but probably faster too.

cypressfarms":18pnil9b said:
ga.prime":18pnil9b said:

Nope, I believe that it's definitely their job and they are trying to make the roads safer. I was doing 75 in a 70, so I should have been given a ticket. I do think that the officer missed the person he thought was going 83 though.

I called the justice of the Peace in Hall county, and talked to a really nice lady there. She told me that they had complaints daily about the "traps". Poor woman had to hear it from everyone. She just asked that I send in $175.10 with a copy of my liscence and my insurance paperwork and she would make sure it didn't go on my record. Seems fair.

I may stop on my way back today and pay it to get it over with. There's really no other short way to go back to Louisiana from Colorado without passing through that god forsaken town.

If you think thats bad just drive through La with Texas plates.

Speaking of Louisiana...It has been 3 or 4 years since I was in North Louisiana and it seemed that even on long stretches of open highway with light traffic most people were not driving over the posted speed limit.

In South La., on I-12 and I-55 if you drive the speed limit you will be tail gated, gestured at, and maybe about run over. In fact on 55 one day I was not going real slow, but got hit in the rear by somebody going faster.
Don't know what makes the difference.

TexasBred":2ru9nap5 said:
Cypress, why not just go south to Lubbock adn then to Sweetwater and head east on I-20?? Might be a little longer but probably faster too.

Too late; we drove to Wichita Falls, Tx and spent the night here; just waiting now for the wife and kids to get up and drive through Dallas (Urghhhh!) to home. I passed the same speed traps but this time I just set the cruise 5 mph under the speed limit. It's almost laughable the way the speed limit can be 70 mph, then a sign is posted stating 35 mph, and there is a cop hiding somewhere by. I believe in Louisiana there are laws requiring a change in speed limit to have multiple signs and they must be spaced a certain amount apart. Oh well, still had a good vacation.

It's amazing how when your in the panhandle for anything to grow it has to be irrigated, but once you get a little west of Amarillo, the natural wheat fields are HUGE.

I got to see plenty of nice cattle, that's for sure. The 287 is a farmer's ride for sure.

cypressfarms":2h8jg9x0 said:
TexasBred":2h8jg9x0 said:

Too late; we drove to Wichita Falls, Tx and spent the night here; just waiting now for the wife and kids to get up and drive through Dallas (Urghhhh!) to home. I passed the same speed traps but this time I just set the cruise 5 mph under the speed limit. It's almost laughable the way the speed limit can be 70 mph, then a sign is posted stating 35 mph, and there is a cop hiding somewhere by. I believe in Louisiana there are laws requiring a change in speed limit to have multiple signs and they must be spaced a certain amount apart. Oh well, still had a good vacation.

It's amazing how when your in the panhandle for anything to grow it has to be irrigated, but once you get a little west of Amarillo, the natural wheat fields are HUGE.

I got to see plenty of nice cattle, that's for sure. The 287 is a farmer's ride for sure.

Amarillo is the coldest place on earth in the winter nothing between the north pole cept a four strand barb wire fence and three strands of that are down.

Caustic Burno":25bf6lyt said:
Amarillo is the coldest place on earth in the winter nothing between the north pole cept a four strand barb wire fence and three strands of that are down.

This would be true except for Lafayette, IN. Lafayette is closer to Canada and they tore the fences out years ago to grow more corn.

john250":3dosj7zm said:
Caustic Burno":3dosj7zm said:

This would be true except for Lafayette, IN. Lafayette is closer to Canada and they tore the fences out years ago to grow more corn.
Probably so but you know what they say "It's a dry cold". :lol2: :lol2:

My dad, who was in the air force and stationed in Wichita Falls swears that it is the coldest place on earth and the hottest place on earth. Somewhere inbetween is the truth, ofcourse, but in May it's nice.

In Wichita Falls you never know what the weather will be like.It goes from one extreme to another.
I lived there from 86 to 05 then retired and moved about 45 mi south of there.
One of my pastures borders 287.
At least here we have some trees other than pecan and mesquite.

Cal

Cypress just to let you know while you have been gone we have had a cold snap, I heard rumor that it is going to break soon. Wouldn't want you to take a chill when you get back home we are also having low humidity only 85 to 90%.

Caustic Burno":2rto179l said:
Cypress just to let you know while you have been gone we have had a cold snap, I heard rumor that it is going to break soon. Wouldn't want you to take a chill when you get back home we are also having low humidity only 85 to 90%.

Thanks for the heads up. It' still extremely dry though. It thundered and rained all around me this evening, and all we got was enough to wet the grass too much to mow (which is pretty much about dew for me!)

Hey Caustic, while I was up in Colorado we went trout fishing in a valley about 9,000 ft up surrounded by mountains. It was lightly snowing, and the wind was blowing at least 30 or 40 mph. Almost (ALMOST) made me wish I was back at home sweating.

Cypress, something you might look into. Here in Texas, the crooks in Austin have a formula for how much money a city or county recieves for a ticket. So you might look into deferred adjudication, the city or county gets a bigger chuck of the fine, but the fine is less than the speeding ticket by about half. Or at least it was a few years back... All you have to do is keep your nose clean in Texas for a year, a state that you dont live in...... Those JP courts really like this one because they get the lions share of the fine, and the folks in Austin get the finger... Check it out if you havent already paid

houstoncutter":256p90yk said:
Cypress, something you might look into. Here in Texas, the crooks in Austin have a formula for how much money a city or county recieves for a ticket. So you might look into deferred adjudication, the city or county gets a bigger chuck of the fine, but the fine is less than the speeding ticket by about half. Or at least it was a few years back... All you have to do is keep your nose clean in Texas for a year, a state that you dont live in...... Those JP courts really like this one because they get the lions share of the fine, and the folks in Austin get the finger... Check it out if you havent already paid

That sounds good, but I've already given them a check. This whole system is just a scam, it seems. What can you do about it? About the only thing is that I will never spend my money anywhere on any business' (hotel's, etc.) anywhere in that county. That's reallt the only recourse that I have. Sad, because it's beautiful country, but that's the rules that they make...

Latest posts