Anyone using or used Mix 30

Help Support CattleToday:

Chocolate Cow2":1x9286cp said:
Brute 23":1x9286cp said:
TexasBred":1x9286cp said:
Don't pay any attention to me. What do I know?? Ask someone that sells it. He'll load your boat in a heartbeat, full strength or watered down.

He probably PMed him already :lol:

Wow guys. I have not PM'd anyone. I started this mess by saying what my Mix 30 Rep told me. Truth is ---I really don't give a s#it. And just so you know...I'm a she NOT a he. :pretty: ;-)

Sorry I meant the salesman PMed you. Usually those people don't like to discuss that stuff on a public forum. :tiphat:

Brute 23":1fgd1op6 said:
Chocolate Cow2":1fgd1op6 said:
Brute 23":1fgd1op6 said:
He probably PMed him already :lol:

Wow guys. I have not PM'd anyone. I started this mess by saying what my Mix 30 Rep told me. Truth is ---I really don't give a s#it. And just so you know...I'm a she NOT a he. :pretty: ;-)

Sorry I meant the salesman PMed you. Usually those people don't like to discuss that stuff on a public forum. :tiphat:
Brute maybe me and you can get in on the deal. Figure the watered down stuff will work for me. You may need the full strength stuff. ;-)

M-5":kwczrval said:
TexasBred":kwczrval said:
lap":kwczrval said:
I sell and use it any questions?
Why would any dealer advise a customer to water it down??

they make a concentrate TB and you have to water it down , maybe that's what she was using

Maybe so. Waiting on the Mix-30 rep to chime in but no comments. Full strength the stuff is 55% water can't imagine adding more. Protein and energy would be so low it would hardly qualify to be called a supplement.

TexasBred":udyotly2 said:
lap":udyotly2 said:
I can't think of any reason to water it down. The fat content is so high it would separate in hours. It's thin enough to spray into a ration with a pump and a homemade pvc spray bar unless it's super cold.

lap":38oqcqt2 said:
TexasBred":38oqcqt2 said:
lap":38oqcqt2 said:
I can't think of any reason to water it down. The fat content is so high it would separate in hours. It's thin enough to spray into a ration with a pump and a homemade pvc spray bar unless it's super cold.

I looked at a setup from a Southern States salesman a few years ago where he was injecting bales , he was buying the syrup in a big tote and would cut it with water when he put it in the injector tank , It was thick like syrup.

I have not injected mix 30. I think it could be injected without watering. The consistency is about like heavy motor oil. During Texas summer drought I have turned corn stalk bales up on end and pumped mix30 on top. In an hour it's soaked in. I use it as pasture supplement for momma cows,stockers, and free choice in starter yard.

Ok. I'm asking for forgiveness. I put out Mix 30 in an open top tank for some last calf heifers I bought. And-I added water...just like always...because I was told I could...250 gallons and about 15 gallons of water. The cows literally drank it. It's gone in a matter of a few days. Looks like the water screws up the limiter and probably everything else. For what it's worth.....Don't add water. :hide: 32 cows totally inhaled 260+ gallons in about 4 days. Sorta makes it expensive, doesn't it. :roll: I've always put it in roller tanks and never noticed over consumption but in an open tank, It's. Real. Ugly.

Chocolate Cow2":b5wqzskd said:
Ok. I'm asking for forgiveness. I put out Mix 30 in an open top tank for some last calf heifers I bought. And-I added water...just like always...because I was told I could...250 gallons and about 15 gallons of water. The cows literally drank it. It's gone in a matter of a few days. Looks like the water screws up the limiter and probably everything else. For what it's worth.....Don't add water. :hide: 32 cows totally inhaled 260+ gallons in about 4 days. Sorta makes it expensive, doesn't it. :roll: I've always put it in roller tanks and never noticed over consumption but in an open tank, It's. Real. Ugly.

Now it makes since why the guy selling it said to add water. :)

Latest posts