Anyone using or used Mix 30

Help Support CattleToday:

I see. The CDS I'm getting is 13% crude protein,9% sugar, 38.6 TDN on an as received basis at $75.00 per ton. How does this stack up with Mix 30?

BFE":2wsmij4f said:
I see. The CDS I'm getting is 13% crude protein,9% sugar, 38.6 TDN on an as received basis at $75.00 per ton. How does this stack up with Mix 30?
Mix 30 is usually 16% crude protein, 10% fat. No idea what the TDN but will be higher than 38.6. It's probably also somewhere around $300 a ton.

TexasBred":3blyohx4 said:
BFE":3blyohx4 said:
Mix 30 is usually 16% crude protein, 10% fat. No idea what the TDN but will be higher than 38.6. It's probably also somewhere around $300 a ton.
No fat in the analysis. Other than that it appears the CDS is more economical than Mix 30, unless I'm mistaken.

BFE":1nuje0i3 said:
TexasBred":1nuje0i3 said:
BFE":1nuje0i3 said:
No fat in the analysis. Other than that it appears the CDS is more economical than Mix 30, unless I'm mistaken.
Mix 30 provides some protein but they really promote their product as an energy supplement thus the high fat content and "probably" high TDN. Your's is much more economical if you're simply needing a bit of protein but is very low in energy. I'd still feed it and watch my cattle condition.

Dogs and Cows":2fquk4u7 said:
TexasBred":2fquk4u7 said:
Wet distillers grain. Most folks don't call it "slop". ;-)
Actually you are incorrect. I don't know about others but I am not feeding WDGs...I am feeding Thin Stillage, or slop. Higher moisture content. Mine is from the fermentation of 51% corn and 49% wheat.

Tim
Your first post you referred to it as "distillers slop". Calling it slop is fine but it is also made up of grain thus "Wet Distillers Grain"....VERY wet distillers grain" or slop if you prefer. Any idea what the moisture content is??

TexasBred":albx1817 said:
Dogs and Cows":albx1817 said:
TexasBred":albx1817 said:
Wet distillers grain. Most folks don't call it "slop". ;-)
Actually you are incorrect. I don't know about others but I am not feeding WDGs...I am feeding Thin Stillage, or slop. Higher moisture content. Mine is from the fermentation of 51% corn and 49% wheat.

Tim
Your first post you referred to it as "distillers slop". Calling it slop is fine but it is also made up of grain thus "Wet Distillers Grain"....VERY wet distillers grain" or slop if you prefer. Any idea what the moisture content is??

What I'm feeding is 90% water the solids are 51% corn and rye and or barley cattle love it and seem to do really well on it.

Dogs and Cows":lj06sedx said:
Thin stillage is also called slop...same thing. The moisture content is 90% water. This is not the traditional WDG. Smaller distillers do not have the capital to invest in drying down the grains...so it is pumped into tanks. It sounds like me and rollinhills are using the same thing. Its free so not a bad deal.
Call it whatever you want guys. It's still wet distillers grain. ;-)

Dogs and Cows":d4roo0wg said:
TexasBred":d4roo0wg said:
Dogs and Cows":d4roo0wg said:

Tim

Thin stillage is also called slop...same thing. The moisture content is 90% water. This is not the traditional WDG. Smaller distillers do not have the capital to invest in drying down the grains...so it is pumped into tanks. It sounds like me and rollinhills are using the same thing. Its free so not a bad deal.

Yes it's free except for us hauling it about 25 miles. The only other expense is the sodium bicarbonate and high calcium mineral. I slaughtered a steer that had been finished on it and the beef is exceptionally tender, I'm not sure that had anything to do with it, the ones I sold to people say the same thing so I know it wasn't just that one calf.

ddd75":1yaqj5wz said:
how are you guys hauling this

I'm using those 275 gallon totes, we haul about 2400 gallon per trip,if I had enough trough space they would bring it to me,we would need to handle about 6000 gallons. We've got 35 calves using it rite now they go through about 400 gallon a day and a 1100 lb bale of hay every two days.

rollinhills":hf4qz6qs said:
Dogs and Cows":hf4qz6qs said:
TexasBred":hf4qz6qs said:

Yes it's free except for us hauling it about 25 miles. The only other expense is the sodium bicarbonate and high calcium mineral. I slaughtered a steer that had been finished on it and the beef is exceptionally tender, I'm not sure that had anything to do with it, the ones I sold to people say the same thing so I know it wasn't just that one calf.
What's the purpose of the sodium bicarb ?? You're feeding a diet with zero starch and all roughage. Acidosis should not be a problem.

I use and deal Mix 30. Have since 2011. Let me know if you have questions.

I've got a question....my dealer told me I can add some water to my Mix 30..to make it go farther. I don't get stupid when I add water but I do add some. What say you???????

Chocolate Cow2":1c3t77cj said:
I've got a question....my dealer told me I can add some water to my Mix 30..to make it go farther. I don't get stupid when I add water but I do add some. What say you???????
Well at best it you create more of it. :lol: The bad thing is that you have just diluted everything about it. Lower protein, lower energy, etc.

TexasBred, I know that. I recently asked my dealer again about adding water. He said I won't compromise the quality by doing so-within reason of course. Yeah-so one says it's ok to add some water....I'd like to have the opinion of another who says they sell it. But I know what will be said! ;-)

Got some delivered on Monday. I have been amazed that they limit feed so well: ewes and cows. Also enjoyed the DVD.

Chocolate Cow2":b7vnigzw said:
TexasBred, I know that. I recently asked my dealer again about adding water. He said I won't compromise the quality by doing so-within reason of course. Yeah-so one says it's ok to add some water....I'd like to have the opinion of another who says they sell it. But I know what will be said! ;-)
Don't pay any attention to me. What do I know?? Ask someone that sells it. He'll load your boat in a heartbeat, full strength or watered down.

I use a different liquid feed product and my guy strongly advises against mixing with water. Says it don't mix well and the water stays up top creating a moldy bacteria haven.

TexasBred":2wa2nc3k said:
Chocolate Cow2":2wa2nc3k said:
Don't pay any attention to me. What do I know?? Ask someone that sells it. He'll load your boat in a heartbeat, full strength or watered down.

He probably PMed him already :lol:

Brute 23":mjihw7e1 said:
TexasBred":mjihw7e1 said:
Chocolate Cow2":mjihw7e1 said:

He probably PMed him already :lol:

Wow guys. I have not PM'd anyone. I started this mess by saying what my Mix 30 Rep told me. Truth is ---I really don't give a s#it. And just so you know...I'm a she NOT a he. :pretty: ;-)

Latest posts