Anyone use this herf bull

Help Support CattleToday:

He was the only Gerber bull that I thought was worth trying out, and it seemed, at his height of popularity 10-12 years ago, that a lot of others thought the same way. But my tank went dry and my semen agent was phasing him out, so it never happened.

He seemed to have good heifers and bulls and were fairly similar to 517 calves.

His son, Kaiser, turned out to be a fairly decent bull.

gerber078k.jpg

Watchfire is still on my AI watchlist, but has been moved down quite a few rungs from where he once was.

I was looking at him to add in some more King Ten influence, but I have other ways to do that now that doesn't also add in additional outcross (517) blood. I'm trying to tighten up my breeding.

I think he's a good bull - from all the research I've done in the past.

George

Jay,

I used Gerber Grainger back about 10 years, he is a 517 son pretty closley related to this bull. I liked the calves a lot, made a couple of really nice show steers. In hind sight I should have used him more.

I used him some. Bought a heifer calf by him out of the Dixie cow at the Gerber dispersion. She is 12 years old with a really good udder yet. I used some semen on him a few years ago in a limited test. He can be a little inconsistent, but it really depends on what you want to accomplish with him.

Latest posts