Anyone use paypal?

Help Support CattleToday:

I've payed for stuff on line useing it---- The first time I did,I got one of those emails from somewhere else telling me My account was under attack and I needed to send them all my info so they could protect it--printed it out and still have it somewhere--same kind of thing as "You've won"something you never entered..

I cant remember if I signed up on Ebay or where for Paypal but it has always worked well for me. However I have heard of cases where someone got information and used another persons Paypal account. This being said I set up a seperate no fee checking account and I keep only a small amount in it only for Paypal. If I purchase any large item I simply go make a deposit into that account and pay for the item. I rarely keep over $200 in it usually. If someone hacks my information they wont be able to get much out of it. Also, like Peg said you will have scammers send you emails about your account needing to be verified and so on. I usually just disregard them and go on. I just prefer paying this way instead of using a credit card for it. Hope this helps.

Circle H Ranch

I've used PayPal for over 10 years without a hitch. But as mentioned earier you will from time to time get those phishing emails telling you to do this and that with your account. Paypal does not do this so just ignore them. Just go to www.paypal.com and register.

Used it for years with no problems. But with paypal, as all of your other financial accounts, watch out for "phishing".

That guy in Nigeria wants your info.....

I happen to own a rather large web site which has been on the go for nearly three years now and we run quite a few thousands of dollars through PayPal on an annual basis.

I can assure you it is a good system or the companies we deal with would not use it.

And it is mobile - I can look at it or send / transfer / receive cash from nearly any computer

Just go to the PayPal website - or to a web site that asks you to pay via PayPal and open an account. I assure you that if I can do it - as a technical Luddite - then you can as well.

Security issues: All you have to do is NEVER respond to what looks like a real request for information from PayPal - tons of scammers out there - and they get the info from YOU. Yeah, the information comes from the account holder - who usually then blames PayPal.

Like any bank, PayPal does not screw around with information requests that would include any private info on the internet. If they contact you - you will know it is them through the various levels of security they have set up with you.

As the site owner I can also assure you we have to jump through a frigging lot of hoops to keep them happy on the security side.

And - if you are not happy they will also allow you to receive your refunds through the system.

Once a month PayPal deposits all cash into our regular business account.

No fuss and no muss - I think it is a real good system if you have to use electronic money from a computer.

If you do not use PayPal then use a credit card - as any system that has PayPal is usually set up for credit cards - easy and secure

Regards

Bez+

Does the payer or payee pay the fees? Wondering how it compares to a merchant account for credit card processing where the payee loses 3% of every transaction in fees for Visa/Mastercard, and more than that for American Express or Discover.

I have used pay pal on Ebay. No problems here. However, I also have a credit card just for internet purchases and requested the limit just be 1000. That was hard for Visa to understand. i would recommend a separate credit card for internet purchases...just in case

rockridgecattle":3do4hajj said:
I have used pay pal on Ebay. No problems here. However, I also have a credit card just for internet purchases and requested the limit just be 1000. That was hard for Visa to understand. i would recommend a separate credit card for internet purchases...just in case

Same here except they went up on my max in a few months without me noticing it. I cancelled the card.

Used it once and they told me I had to change my password. I asked them why and wasn't given an explanation. After a few more phone calls I finally got them to admit they had a security breach. I canceled my account with them and haven't used them since.

I try top use it any time I buy something online. I recently had a person try to rip me off for $219 and some change on a fence charger. I paid with paypal and when I never got my charger I filed a grievence with paypal and got my money back. No bad experiences here.

Well, I have never used pay pay, never bought anything on ebay either. Don't think I will, I get junk mail nearly every week telling me about a purchase I have made and need to give them information. I keep reporting it as a phishing scam but I keep getting stuff....

CKC1586":3b3gzojf said:
Well, I have never used pay pay, never bought anything on ebay either. Don't think I will, I get junk mail nearly every week telling me about a purchase I have made and need to give them information. I keep reporting it as a phishing scam but I keep getting stuff....

I made two good purchases on ebay, and I've only gotten a couple of spamming items in several years. Don't use paypal, however, I always took a cert check to the seller at delivery.

I've also been using it for years.. set it up originally for Ebay purchases, but now you'd be surprised at how many online vendors accept it. It's really convenient.. I don't have to dig out my wallet to find a credit card, just put in a password, confirm, and you're done. You can sign up in just a few minutes.

Its the way to go, on ebay, and alot of other places online take it now too, don't have to give out a credit card number or any personal info, just click the paypal button and you are good to go. They also offer some buyer protection, up to a certain amount, so its a win win situation.

Ebay only accepts paypal for payment now, unless the buyer requests using a money order, truthfully though MO are a pain, where paypal is instant, thats what i like when I sell on ebay,instant cash.

GMN

Latest posts