anyone seen this yet?

Help Support CattleToday:

Don't you just love it when the media uses the word "slaughtered". Do you think that could find a word that would inflame opinion any more than that?

And as Jo said... there are always 3 sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth.

Jogeephus":14tknu9c said:
I think this case gives a prime example why we as cattlemen/farmers need to stick together. It is so easy to jump on the side of what the press prints but we got to keep in mind that most of the members of the press are not on our side. Most of the garbage they print about agriculture is misleading to say the least. I believe we should all stand by each other's sides and always give the benefit of the doubt to the producer first until it is beyond a shadow of a doubt he is in the wrong. If we can't do this, I'm afraid the future of agriculture is not going to be very bright for our children. JMHO

Best point to be made out of all of this.

Ranchers are lucky to have the Rodney's that will still fight for what they have, but someone, some cattle group should be going after the paper/reporter that wrote that trash. It was malicious libel in my view.

Good level headed DA as well.

Thanks for the update dewey. What was the true intent of 2 armed men on horseback running 15 pit bulls across public land? Common practise. I sure wouldn't want to meet them or have my children meet them.

here is what i think just from reading what i have read. i think some dogs was chaseing the guys cows more then likely. he probably shot at them on his place and they cut out. he drove looking for the dogs and was mad. when he drove near the fellers trailer the hounds probably came to his truck and him being mad he went to shooting dogs. the pit or cur looking dog in the picture that was killed he may of seen that dog and shot it then the hounds came to the shooting and he shot them too being he was mad. its hard to really say what exactly he did. i think there was some lies told on both sides. the feller didnt have to get out his truck if he felt so theatened. the guy coulda handled it better and waited at the truck and trailer and chewed on the guys and had them pay for any cattle that was chewed up etc being he done had the law on the way. being both sides had firearms it coulda of been an all out shootout. that was a bad deal anyway you look at it