Anyone know their insects?

Help Support CattleToday:

The garden spiders are the only spiders referred to as "good ones" around here. Used to catch the grasshoppers and throw them in their web.

slick4591":63zj0jzd said:
The garden spiders are the only spiders referred to as "good ones" around here. Used to catch the grasshoppers and throw them in their web.

You too? :shock: I did the same think just last week. Forgot how much fun it was. :lol:

Spookiiest bug I've ever seen
dobsonfly.jpg

hooknline":b18odu62 said:
Dun, thats a Dobson fly
That is correct, and apparantly they taste good since my wieanie dog loves to eat them. Of course she also loves to eat grasshoppers and calf crap.

We always referred to the spider as a "Queen spider", We would catch grasshoppers and throw in the web. The spider would run down the web and wrap the hopper in a cocoon of silk to eat later.

dun":1hda89og said:
Spookiiest bug I've ever seen
dobsonfly.jpg
That's the male version of the adult stage. Female's 'pincers' aren't nearly that big. Someone told the male uses those big things to hold the female while doing his--well, you know... I get them on my front porch screens every year.

skyhightree1":1y1uv1ag said:
since we are on bugs can someone tell me what kind of spider this is? its the size of palm of my hand.

We call those Bannana spiders where I come from. You can look it up on the net its the same thing 2 different styles but same spider..

Latest posts