Anyone know anything about TVs?

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
So something weird has happened to my tv. We have Austar (pay telly) which runs through the video, and we also get the normal free-to-air channels. Well, all of a sudden there is no sound on the Austar channels or on the video (like if we try to play a video) but there is sound on the free to air channels.

Any idea why/what to do?

I have six little boys in the house and I would love to be able to put them in front of the tv for half an hour, to regain my sanity!

HELP!!!

Keren":osnt8uz5 said:
So something weird has happened to my tv. We have Austar (pay telly) which runs through the video, and we also get the normal free-to-air channels. Well, all of a sudden there is no sound on the Austar channels or on the video (like if we try to play a video) but there is sound on the free to air channels.

Any idea why/what to do?

I have six little boys in the house and I would love to be able to put them in front of the tv for half an hour, to regain my sanity!

HELP!!!

Keren

You have no idea how different our systems in North America are to yours. Power, format and so on.

About the only person who might help you is a technician or a transplanted person with "the funny accent". Yeah, you folks speak the same lingo but we have to listen hard to be sure we understand what you say. :D

I will be in Oz in March with my wife on a bit of a hol from this racket over here in the middle east.

Good luck on your seach for telly help

Bez+

I'd check all the wires. Unplug everything and let it sit a while then crank it back up and see. If that don't do it, call the tech.

I imagine the 6 little boys managed to change a setting in the system. Make sure the volume on the austar system has not been lowered or muted before it enters your video system. Checking all the plug-ins is a good idea also.
The color on Mom and Dad's tv got so bad one time they were talking of getting a new one. When I checked it out and reset the color settings it was fine. In her diligence to keep a clean house, Mom and slowly managed to readjust the setting each time she dusted. So check all the system settings and connections, might find the boys had nothing to do with it and their clean record will stay that way. ;-) :D

1982vett ... I learned that the hard way ... the remote now stays in the kitchen when the boys are watching tv. So I guess they still have their halos (cough, choke, splutter).

Ryder ... Nickelodeon and Hi Five Videos ... are Aunty Keren's best friend :lol2:

Suppose I better call someone today :( thats always fun

Keren":3n7oeon2 said:

Any idea why/what to do?

HELP!!!
By video I assume you mean a VCR. If so, is the VCR connected to the TV through auxiliary cables (AV cables). If so, is the white wire unplugged either from the TV or VCR?

Well I finally got some brains and thought to plug the Austar directly to the tv, and whaddaya know, it worked :roll:

So I guess I need a new VCR ... maybe I'll just get one of those new flash DVDs that you can record on.