Anyone else see this?

Help Support CattleToday:

Horrible story! Who would do that? And yet during the drought someone shot holes in all our stock tanks. Intentional or kids firing off shots on a country road? We'll never know. We never lost any cattle so I hope if this one is intentional they find out who & why.

My ignorance is showing. Didn't know a feed grinder was powerful enough to grind up a car battery. Horrible story!

That's bad but a good lesson can be learned here about batteries. One can kill a lot of cattle. We experienced lead poisoning several years ago after loggers left a battery on a large woods pasture. I don't remember how many cows that one battery killed but it was plenty and once diagnosed as lead poisoning it took forever to find the battery. The cows would lick it like a salt block and later die. This was sporadic and over time which made figuring it out difficult.

Nesikep":ec19bcaz said:

A hobo did this to a friend of mine years ago. His farm was next to the interstate and they guy just cut one tenderloin out of the cow and had a feast right there. Camped and cooked it on site then was gone. He must have been hungry.

Have heard some thought he might have dumped it in their by accident if he had some batteries setting in an old barn by a hay or feed pile. Was talking to someone were a similar thing happened to a person they knew on a dairy farm.

Jogeephus":3e1e5vjc said:
Nesikep":3e1e5vjc said:

A hobo did this to a friend of mine years ago. His farm was next to the interstate and they guy just cut one tenderloin out of the cow and had a feast right there. Camped and cooked it on site then was gone. He must have been hungry.

How'd he kill it?? or did he?

Nesikep":1q3e3yp9 said:
Jogeephus":1q3e3yp9 said:
Nesikep":1q3e3yp9 said:

How'd he kill it?? or did he?

I think he shot it but its been a long time ago. Friend found the dead cow and his campsite. He was none to happy.

Latest posts