anyone care to make a guess on this calf's breed? (pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

milkmaid

Reaction score
calf37pic1.JPG

calf37pic2.JPG

Young calf, one of four foster calves on a nurse cow. Pictures don't really do him justice...he's got more bone and is thicker than he appears.

I'll post what he really is later - just want to see what you think he looks like.

he has holstein in him.either angus or brangus.dont really look like no limo blood in him to me.scott

I know I am wrong; but if you told me he was straight Angus I would have believed it, so that is my guess, though that does not look completely right either.

I'm pretty sure he's part holstien and probably part angus, but just to mix things up, I'm gonna say........

holstein x black simme.

Well I was hoping it wouldn't be quite so obvious. :lol: His dam is a Brown Swiss/Holstein cross, sire Angus bull that jumped the fence.

So.... one question: does he really look half-dairy, or were you biased when you opened the thread, knowing most of my calves are Holstein? :p

The other three on that cow are holstein/angus. I probably won't sell them until spring, but I was hoping they'd pass for straight beef - they'd sell a little better that way. :lol:

While I'm thinking of it...what do you folks suppose he weighs? there's a fence in the background of that first picture to compare him to. I'm thinking around 300lbs, but I've been known to be way off before. :lol:

I dont think you will be able to pull it off. them buyers pretty sharp. but you might come out all right.just be thankful that bull was able to clear the fence :D

milkmaid":1ndlwh2h said:
So.... one question: does he really look half-dairy, or were you biased when you opened the thread, knowing most of my calves are Holstein? :p

The length of his face and legs, plus the pot bellied look was my tip off on the dairy heritage.

Latest posts