Anybody used these bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

lacangus

Reaction score
Im a small registered angus breeder. Just wondering if anybody has used these bulls and what they think. SAV Final Answer, Sitz Upward, Tokach update 9009, Coleman Regis, Connealy Right answer, connealy confidence, SAV Networth. Im looking for easy fleshing moderate frame cattle.

I don't know all of the bulls that you posted but most of them would not be what I consider moderate framed. Need to look at someone like Olde breeding for moderate framed and easy fleshing.

SAV Final Answer I think he is a 6 frame bull lots of mass and muscle time tested rock solid. We have used him AI and to flush.

Upward is not moderate he is a hoss we have never used him, saw him at the stud in MT.

Regis we have 15 calves on the ground from last year they came small grew well and I like them more every day. Really thick wide based calves with plenty of depth, I was bait concerned about SC but they are above average for their age. Used him again this year and will use him again when breeding season rolls around.

Don't know anything about the other bulls other than Net Worth who I am planning a few select matings to this year. The criteria I am using to breed to him is if we need a bit more frame and a slick haired cow he will add hair and size. I don't want the hair it doe not work well in Fl. He will also add bone.

Gizmom

I have seen offspring of Regis, confidence and both are good. I totally agree with Knersie. Final answer does it all and he is still going at age 13

Warrior2154":25d8jak2 said:
I have seen offspring of Regis, confidence and both are good. I totally agree with Knersie. Final answer does it all and he is still going at age 13
Be careful, agreeing with me will make you very unpopular in certain circles...

Net Worth's -10 Docility score takes him out of the equation here.
Yes, I used a young bull several years back, before he got a Doc rating, and he initially came out at -23; but he's come up to a near-breed average 5 now, and I've got no disposition issues with the daughters we retained.

Final Answer is known to have very poor foot conformation, yet he's a 13 y old bull and still going strong. Are they trimming his feet on a regular basis or is he getting along fine on those crappy back feet? A lot of time is spent on this forum pushing for better feet and legs so I was surprised to see him recommended. Perhaps he does so many things right that bad feet on an old bull that's getting along fine with those same feet is an acceptable choice?

Final Answer is great if you can get him but he's often sold out.
We have several Regis calves, love the small birth weight, they grow well, and they have nice dispositions. :nod:

Prairiegrass":3tymls8d said:
Final Answer is known to have very poor foot conformation, yet he's a 13 y old bull and still going strong. Are they trimming his feet on a regular basis or is he getting along fine on those crappy back feet? A lot of time is spent on this forum pushing for better feet and legs so I was surprised to see him recommended. Perhaps he does so many things right that bad feet on an old bull that's getting along fine with those same feet is an acceptable choice?

I have a few Final Answers and is using a Final Answer son and their feet are all very sound. There is no way an unsound bull will last 13 years!

I wouldn't shy away from Net Worth at all. They are better cattle than the Final Answers. Little extra BW but would be perfect for cows.

Latest posts