anybody sell to feedlots

Help Support CattleToday:

gravy

Reaction score
Anybody buy 350 to 450 pounders and sell at 600lbs to feedlots? I was wanting to do this but don't know to go about it. I have shelled,ear and corn silage and anything else I would need is available. Comments please

Around here the 350-450 pound calves are the poor doers, sick, or maybe late calves. The vast majority of the calves come off the cows at 550- 600 lbs. If I were feeding calves I would want to feed the top end. Not the bottom end.

Here in N.Alabama you can buy any size calves at any time and as many as you want. Don't know what the best size to start with or how to contact buyers.

gravy":prim9acr said:
Anybody buy 350 to 450 pounders and sell at 600lbs to feedlots? I was wanting to do this but don't know to go about it. I have shelled,ear and corn silage and anything else I would need is available. Comments please

they would be glad to feed them for you. :D
if you could buy uniform groups of #1's, keep vaccination records, sell load lots, market them at closer to 750-800#
could do better than the auction

Wild Cattle":1phmxvln said:
cross 7 is right, uniform truck load lots is the key. Then it just takes a phone call.
That is going to be around 65 head of 750 lb cattle or 81 or 82 head of 600 lb cattle. As Wild Cattle and Cross 7 mentioned, the key is a truckload lot.

BC":2tw0gcdj said:
Wild Cattle":2tw0gcdj said:
cross 7 is right, uniform truck load lots is the key. Then it just takes a phone call.
That is going to be around 65 head of 750 lb cattle or 81 or 82 head of 600 lb cattle. As Wild Cattle and Cross 7 mentioned, the key is a truckload lot.

And to get that uniform truck load you need to start out with 100-125 uniform looking calves.

Latest posts