Anybody Pheasant Hunt?

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Got to wait until Oct 13. :(

P1010235.jpg

p10101572.jpg

i love to pheasant hunt. unfortunetly we dont get to go very much. a pheasant is pretty rare around here anyway. quail are comin back tho.

mnm We don't have pheasant's around here but the first pic look's like it out to be in feild and stream mag that is awesome.

rattler

It is interesting why Pheasants are one place and not another. I think Nebraska for the most part is Pheasant country. Mostly in the East and along streams.

Rattler, What do you folks hunt in NC. The only time I spent in NC was for a spell at FT Bragg. Lots of pines and sand, couple snakes. :shock: Seems there were deer and quail. Been a long time ago.

mnm Here i the western part of the state we hunt black bear whitetail deer turkey and ruff grouse that is about all i hunt.We have a lot of oak trees in this neck of the wood's.I have hunted dodn in the eastern part a bit were the pine's and swamp's are there so fine deer hunting their if you can get past the snake's and mosquitos and saw briars.Got lost in that country one time for a little wile but that's another story.

rattler

mnmtranching":1muxdx56 said:
It is interesting why Pheasants are one place and not another. I think Nebraska for the most part is Pheasant country. Mostly in the East and along streams.
are you sure?? :???: im in southeast nebraska and i cannot remember the last time i seen a pheasant. havnt seen a baby one all summer. dont turkey's like to eat their eggs?? if so, thats why there aint none.

cattleluvr18":1e9crnfx said:
mnmtranching":1e9crnfx said:
are you sure?? :???: im in southeast nebraska and i cannot remember the last time i seen a pheasant. havnt seen a baby one all summer. dont turkey's like to eat their eggs?? if so, thats why there aint none.

No, not sure at all, it's your area. I'm taking your word. Just that NB claims to have the 4th or 5th largest pheasant harvest among states.

cattleluvr18":3nx47is6 said:
mnmtranching":3nx47is6 said:

No, not sure at all, it's your area. I'm taking your word. Just that NB claims to have the 4th or 5th largest pheasant harvest among states.

Very few native birds around here. I am a pretty lucky duck in that some friends operate a pheasant preserve. Quite often after a large group of city boys has gone through my buddies will call me up to come clean up the leftovers.

Get to hunt rough country over well trained dogs - what a hoot! Few things that can thrill as much as when one of those dogs goes on point. And the different shots you can get will test you.

And I am a meat hunter - if I don't enjoy the meat I don't hunt it, well except for varmints - and I LOVE pheasant! :lol:

ALX

mnmtranching":2rtnxafa said:
cattleluvr18":2rtnxafa said:
mnmtranching":2rtnxafa said:

not in southeast neb anway. maybe around Omaha, Lincoln or out west possibly, but defenetly not here.

cattleluvr18":34ijvolh said:
mnmtranching":34ijvolh said:
cattleluvr18":34ijvolh said:
mnmtranching":34ijvolh said:

not in southeast neb anway. maybe around Omaha, Lincoln or out west possibly, but defenetly not here.

From what I read, the counties bordering SD are good Pheasant hunting and the platte River bottooms and Tributary's.

mnmtranching":2n1pajdo said:
cattleluvr18":2n1pajdo said:
cattleluvr18":2n1pajdo said:

From what I read, the counties bordering SD are good Pheasant hunting and the platte River bottooms and Tributary's.
that is believable.

neat pics by the way.