Anybody heard of ...

Help Support CattleToday:

I've used it several times. Mainly for subs who needed to have my boot surgically removed from their azz for slacking on my dime. Thus the term medical excise tax.

Hook did you use a regular red wing boot or those crazy curved cowboy boots ? I think that excise tax is more expensive with the curved boots. LOL

Are you referring to the new tax on Durable Medical Devices?
If so, it was part of Obamacare. It's a 2.3% excise tax that manufactures & importers of medical devices will have to pay beginning, I believe, this year. This additional cost will, of course, be passed on to the consumer as either a higher cost product or higher healthcare premiums.

lavacarancher":3cotoehy said:
...the "medical excise tax"? Or is this another thing to get folks worked up about?

It's another thing to get worked up about.
The tax is paid by the manufacturers of "medical devices" on each unit. I've seen this in local news, since quite a few "medical device" makers are here in Indiana. They are screaming.
Consumers will pay in higher costs for hip implants, to name one "device".
I guess that's what you have seen as the "medical excise tax".

:nod: Everything from new hips/knees to prosthetics, pacemakers, & wheelchairs. This will naturally hit the aged hardest. In an effort to convince the public that it's not a tax on consumers (only evil corporations) immediately upon passage of Obamacare, they passed an amendment excluding items usually purchased at retail by consumers like eyeglasses, contact lenses and hearing aids. Mighty nice of 'em, huh.

CottageFarm":3na70gff said:
:nod: Everything from new hips/knees to prosthetics, pacemakers, & wheelchairs. This will naturally hit the aged hardest. In an effort to convince the public that it's not a tax on consumers (only evil corporations) immediately upon passage of Obamacare, they passed an amendment excluding items usually purchased at retail by consumers like eyeglasses, contact lenses and hearing aids. Mighty nice of 'em, huh.

Don't it make you feel good to know that Washington cares about you as you "age".

CottageFarm":354bf0d5 said:
Yup, gives me that warm fuzzy feeling all over....

Me too :nod: . Now I think I need to go take a shower and wash off the 'stink' that's associated with all these new and wonderful (not) changes.

Katherine

TexasBred":8ijwkl60 said:
CottageFarm":8ijwkl60 said:

Don't it make you feel good to know that Washington cares about you as you "age".

Everyone of them should be tried for treason.

the best part is that the tax not only drives manufacturers out of the country, it adds the tax to their gross, not net sales. Anyone want to guess what the real percentage of the tax is?

Latest posts