Anybody got info on GPS tracking Devices?

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild

Reaction score
i need to put something in my Dad's trucks so i can find him when mother calls worried for him being gone so long. i've read a little but have no experience.

Can't tell if you're joking or serious, but if you're serious, check this site out:

http://www.trimble.com/tms/trimweb.aspx?dtID=overview

We use these at work. I think for us it's about $75 per month per truck and we have about 15 of them installed. You can see current location, routes, speed, max speed over a period of time, start time, stop time, etc... More information than you need.

Wewild":1uwm3c1f said:
i need to put something in my Dad's trucks so i can find him when mother calls worried for him being gone so long. i've read a little but have no experience.

Thanks.

We have been through the AZ before and see trends that make some understand that they will be able to drive but no find their way home.

I'm serious as i can be. I have no experience with the tech today. I know when i was at my day job today and Dad wasn't doing his regular routine when mother called to say he hadn't come home .... yet.

This isn't the first time. it will be nice to know where he is.

Wewild":2b1kmvs0 said:
Wewild":2b1kmvs0 said:

Thanks.

We have been through the AZ before and see trends that make some understand that they will be able to drive but no find their way home.

I'm serious as i can be. I have no experience with the tech today. I know when i was at my day job today and Dad wasn't doing his regular routine when mother called to say he hadn't come home .... yet.

I've never thought about that application for them, but I think that it would work great. He would have an inconspicuous piece of equipment in his truck. Ours are mounted under the dash. You would have access on the web through your home computer to maps and a database that shows the location and all the information that you need. It is amazing how accurate it is. Locations within a matter of feet.

Best wishes. My wife and I took care of my parents through some tough times. Hang in there.

skyline":2g2ga1tb said:
Wewild":2g2ga1tb said:
Wewild":2g2ga1tb said:

Thanks.

I've never thought about that application for them, but I think that it would work great. He would have an inconspicuous piece of equipment in his truck. Ours are mounted under the dash. You would have access on the web through your home computer to maps and a database that shows the location and all the information that you need. It is amazing how accurate it is. Locations within a matter of feet.

Best wishes. My wife and I took care of my parents through some tough times. Hang in there.

You know, with folks of age, it ain't a bad thing to have on all equipment.

Years ago, when he was still alive, my pop took the tractor and fence repair wagon out for a day's work. Around mid-afternoon, his wife was missing him at the dinner table but had no way of knowing where he was working. By late afternoon, she was dead worried. She called the county sheriff and they began a search. Found him 7 hrs later pinned against a tree by the tractor, of which he forgot to set the brake when he got off to work. The tractor rolled, jack-knifed the wagon and pinned him in the mid-morn. He was 72 yrs old at the time and was pinned nearly 12 hrs total. He died three years later, but of cancer, not the accident.

My girl friend makes me take my cell phone everywhere, and checks periodically on me. Now I'm only 60, but accidents do happen. I ride motorcycles without helmet, I take risks when working, I work with strong willed cattle and horses...........I just hope her nerves hold out.

I know people that have this on their kids cell phones, seems to work well .Maybe it would be too hard to get him to take the phone . Just an idea.

Larry

larryshoat":3anuqrxx said:
I know people that have this on their kids cell phones, seems to work well .Maybe it would be too hard to get him to take the phone . Just an idea.

Larry

He won't carry a phone. Thanks for the thought.

Latest posts