Anybody ever have?

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN":3ek8wipr said:
Sever hip pain with the feeling of a charley horse in the back of your leg?

Gail

Everyday. Stretching the tendon down the back of your leg may help a little. Stand with your toes on the edge of a step and lower your heel as far as possible.

dun":2azvzc6m said:
GMN":2azvzc6m said:

Gail

Everyday. Stretching the tendon down the back of your leg may help a little. Stand with your toes on the edge of a step and lower your heel as far as possible.

Does yours remain there all day, or come and go. Is the hip pain worse in hte morning or constant?

GMN

Easily worse in the morning, first couple of hours.
Once up and working ~ seems to work it out to dull ache.

Mine is less bad in the morning. Once I start walking it just gets progressively worse. I've tried heat pads and muscle relaxers, don;t really seem to do much more then allow me to think that I'm doing something about it.

a good strech for that.
1. lay flat on back, take leg with sore hip, bend the knee and sort of pull it over your other leg. Should feel it in the back of the but and thigh. If you don't and you feel it in the inner thigh, try
sore hip leg. Place foot on opposite knee, and raise that leg toward your chest. Laying position of course.

2.stand and stretch, rotate truck inward so that the spine is aligned, place one hand over your head and in the air. Streching out the mid section. gentley cross over like touching the opposite toe with your hand but do not bend over. Sort of reach our accross. Stretch again the mid section to the hip. Should feel it from the pit to the hip.
good shoes help, watch out for the siatica
Next find a good physotherapist.
feel better soon

RR

GMN":3t1ce1z6 said:

Gail
Not sure exactly what your pain is- but
Pains in the butt that shoot down your leg are sometimes the sciatic nerve--means your spine is out of place and you may need to see a chiropractor....I have to get my back manipulated 3-4 times a year or I get them...A good chiropractor might be your answer anyway....

oh yeah please do not laugh,
make friends with a tennis ball.
My physiotherapist (after car accident that totaled hubands only truck) would have me lay on my stomach and he would use his elbow in that meaty part of the butt. First gentley and then get harder. It would hurt and i would be told to go to my happy place. Any how it got deep into the muscle.

So with no one looking, use a tennis ball and the wall. Put the ball on the meaty part of the but and back up to the wall and go to work.

luck

Thanks for the replies, any others would be appreciated, that I can pass on to the person in pain (Its not me)

What things do they do at a Chiropractor? Is it painful? Did anyone on here every have a MRI? Or physical therapy?

Thanks

Gail

Different backcrackers have different methods.. If what he/she does hurts find a new one. I had physical therapy for the tendon deal, didn;t do anything noticable to improve it any more the the stretches I was doing. That's all the theraphy was, just different stretching exercises.
For the sciatic, lay on you side knees bent with a towl folded up just above your hip. Twist your trunk to you are looking over your shoulder. On your left side look over right shoulder and vice versa. Hold the position for a couple of minutes. If it really pulls and hurts either don;t twist as far or use a smaller folded towel.
I was fortunate enough to break the transvers processes on my right side. That's what has pretty much caused all of the other problems onmy lower right side including legs.

GMN":3umak7r3 said:
What things do they do at a Chiropractor? Is it painful? Did anyone on here every have a MRI? Or physical therapy

Gail

A few years ago I would have said all chiros were quacks. But, I was referred to a good one--I should say one that I like. He is an old fashioned back cracker, and he has helped me a lot. No miracles, but considerable relief.
The cost is reasonable. I'd tell your friend to ask around. People are glad to recommend if someone has helped them.
I had an MRI once, because my MD recommended it for some reason. I think the reason was that I had insurance. :lol: I didn't mind the process, but if you a claustrophobic it could be tough.

used to have chiropratic treatments occasionally. Now that i have had physio therapy i would not go back.
Chiropractors manipulate your bones.
A good therapist will have you on heat packs for up to 20 minutes before they work on your muscles. They can manipulate your bones but after gentle work on relaxing the muscles so that the bones do not go out again.

I had physio after my car accident. Black ice, highway speeds, totaled truck. I have very little pain now, and the stretches help. If I have a bad day, i call and go back for a treatment or two.

Rule of thumb
injuries should have 24-48 hours of ice. 10 minutes at a time. Bag of peas, hashbrowns etc work well. Several times a day.
This reduces the inflamation of muscles and soft tissue. You might not feel the inflamation but it is there
after the initial 24-48 hours change therapy to 10 cold 10 hot.(hot water bottle, wheat bag etc, prefer not heating pad) then 10 cold again. Start with cold, end with cold. 10 minutes for each.
The heat provides relaxation to the stresss muscles.
this is not a quick soloution, it takes time. Some soft tissue like in the hands can take 6 months to heal.

PS any bag of peas or hashbrowns can be re frozen and reused for compress. Just mark the bag so you don't cook it and eat it!

I forgot the MRI part of the question. Had one and they had to shut it down because the wire in my chest was starting to get "hot" they said. All I know is it hurt.

dun":xtxt36x2 said:
I forgot the MRI part of the question. Had one and they had to shut it down because the wire in my chest was starting to get "hot" they said. All I know is it hurt.

I read an FDA warning recently. "Think before you get a tattoo" was the statement. It seems that iron in the ink can heat up during an MRI.

I use a bone cracker 3-5 times a year. And he does wonders.
But not all are the same. Having to be away for several years I tried a couple of others in another state. They wouldn't do the same procedure as the one I used at home so.... a waste of money and another reason to be glad to be at home full time.

Dun, I wanted to mention that the pain in the legs that gets worse with exertion could be indicating a circulation problem. But, if your wire in the chest is what my wire in the chest is, you probably knew that already.

Jim62":3nnz2ml2 said:
Dun, I wanted to mention that the pain in the legs that gets worse with exertion could be indicating a circulation problem. But, if your wire in the chest is what my wire in the chest is, you probably knew that already.

The wire in the chest is the cause of the legs getting tired when I walk too much or climb a lot. I know that's a circulation problem, but since only the upper half of my pump is working I don;t figure that's too bad.

Oldtimer":3c205x0w said:
Pains in the butt that shoot down your leg are sometimes the sciatic nerve

Probably so. You can get to the sciatic nerve and muscle in several places to work on it. More than likely your calves are VERY tight. If that is the case, your hip problems can probably be solved by working and loosening the muscles in the calves. Those muscles start in the feet, go thru the back of the calves, on the back/sides above the knees to the hips, thru the hole in your hip bones, and then up the back. Work the calves grasshopper. It will solve the problems...

When I wake in the morning with muscles and joints aching,It just tells me I didn't die in my sleep.

Cal

grannysoo":19sb9qhd said:
Oldtimer":19sb9qhd said:
Pains in the butt that shoot down your leg are sometimes the sciatic nerve

Probably so. You can get to the sciatic nerve and muscle in several places to work on it. More than likely your calves are VERY tight. If that is the case, your hip problems can probably be solved by working and loosening the muscles in the calves. Those muscles start in the feet, go thru the back of the calves, on the back/sides above the knees to the hips, thru the hole in your hip bones, and then up the back. Work the calves grasshopper. It will solve the problems...
I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! Had to be those cows fault somehow! :shock: :eek: :) :lol:

Latest posts