Any views on these Angus bulls?

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
Have you seen any calves out of these bulls? (Breeding some Brahman Cross heifers). Thanks!
1. Connealy Thunder
2. Connealy Black Granite
3. Connealy Amazing
4. VDAR Cedar Wind
5. PA Power Tool

Have used Thunder for three seasons. Can be used on heifers. Have used him on big thick deeper bodied cows and on moderate framed cows of more modest appearance. Sires good disposition, adequate growth and eye appeal. I like the heifers much more than the bull calves. Have retained several heifers and will know more in a year or so. I think he can be used successfully on moderate framed common cows to improve their production. Having said all of that, I think Connealy Right Answer and POSS Total Impact do everything Thunder does and a bit more in that they sire better bull calves with a bit more growth.

Thanks for the info on Thunder. I know he's had some good looking cows.
I have wondered about Connealy Right Answer and how the different Final Answer sons compare.

Air gator":3ctvfzpj said:
I have wondered about Connealy Right Answer and how the different Final Answer sons compare.

There are several Final Answer sons I would use before using Connealy Right Answer. The SAV Priority bull that goes back to Buschwacker on the bottom side would be my first choice for FA sons.

Heard some talk of Power Tool making nice heifers, but his MILK epd scares me if you're retaining, might be better choices even though it sounds like he's pretty popular right now ....

The customers that have requested power tool from me in the past have not used him since... The only verbal feedback that I have is from one customer who I consider very reputable who says they're "a little slow" in terms of growth. He only has a couple of pt calves but he knows what his cows can do.
Personally that much milk with that much docility makes him a no-go for me. I don't want a holstien in the hills.

Jake":at2gohpf said:
Air gator":at2gohpf said:

There are several Final Answer sons I would use before using Connealy Right Answer. The SAV Priority bull that goes back to Buschwacker on the bottom side would be my first choice for FA sons.

I have used Final Answer, Pioneer, Priority, Brand Name, Bismark and a couple other of his sons. Pioneer and Priority sire deep thick calves with poor disposition. Right Answer sires deep thick calves with good disposition. However, I think the Priority heifers might be a tick better on average. It is too early to determine which is best in all phases.

NWMoAngus":38mpx67h said:
Jake":38mpx67h said:
Air gator":38mpx67h said:

I have used Final Answer, Pioneer, Priority, Brand Name, Bismark and a couple other of his sons. Pioneer and Priority sire deep thick calves with poor disposition. Right Answer sires deep thick calves with good disposition. However, I think the Priority heifers might be a tick better on average. It is too early to determine which is best in all phases.

I've never heard if poor dispositions from priority. With a doc epd of +30 I didn't figure there were many rank ones out there.

Maybe I got the outliers. I am paying more attention to the Doc. Index as I get older and my sons went off to college and didn't come back.

I have this bull that has a simular EPD as you stated and his calves I believe would be no problem for what you need one simular for. He was less than a year old in this picture.

angusbull8052220130000.jpg

002vbq.jpg

Has Connealy Forefront twice in his pedigree. One of my all-time favorite sires. Saw him at TC Ranch and used him here.

Thunderbird is a FA son and the local AccelGen rep has sold a lot of him. We have an 8 month old heifer out of Thunderbird and she looks good so far.

Latest posts