Any Revved Up or Juice Box Hereford calves

Help Support CattleToday:

kentuckyguy

Reaction score
Just wanting to see if anyone has any Revved Up or Juice Box calves on the ground this fall.

I put a post up back in the summer asking about Hereford bulls and had several people recommend juice box and revved up. A couple had cows bred to them for fall calves.

I ended up buying some revved up semen but haven't used any of it yet.

I went with revved up over juice box on the recommendation of my ABS rep. He has several Hereford producers who continue to use revved up every year.

He claimed all the revved up calves he had seen were very structurally correct and grew well.

I plan to use the semen at some point although it probably won't be soon. We ended up buying a Hereford bull for cleanup so it makes finding out who stuck to the AI pretty easy.

I used some Revved up this fall on two cows. I won't know how they turned out for at least 3 years. If I remember, I will come back and post the results on Revved up.

I have not used Juice Box.

I did use Bennett S252. His calves had some serious growth. I saved one heifer. She bred the first time easy by AI. I gave her 4 tries the second time and couldn't get her to stick. I am 100% AI. The guy I sold her to loved her and she bred easy with a bull. She was bigger than what I wanted.

I've got 2 revved up heifers that are really nice, just put 1 steer in the freezer, I used him to breed recipes that didn't stick, those heifers will stay here and become recipes, I like them alot. Wish I knew how to do pics, but I can't seem to figure it out

Not to be too critical but what AI stud rep is going to say anything negative about a bull they are trying to sell semen on? I am a big fan of his maternal grand sire Revolution 4R. That bull made a huge mark on the Hereford breed and sired a lot of great females. I am not a huge fan of his sire side with 719T though. We've never used 719 in our herd but everything we've seen in person or heard on that bull it's a mixed bag of results. If you have a semen tank or place to store the shipping costs to buy some semen directly from a reputable Hereford breeder with a proven results bull is worth the cost IMO.

SPH said:
Not to be too critical but what AI stud rep is going to say anything negative about a bull they are trying to sell semen on? I am a big fan of his maternal grand sire Revolution 4R. That bull made a huge mark on the Hereford breed and sired a lot of great females. I am not a huge fan of his sire side with 719T though. We've never used 719 in our herd but everything we've seen in person or heard on that bull it's a mixed bag of results. If you have a semen tank or place to store the shipping costs to buy some semen directly from a reputable Hereford breeder with a proven results bull is worth the cost IMO.

I simply stated that the AI rep recommended revved up over juice box. ABS has both bulls so selling semen had nothing to do with it.

kentuckyguy said:
I simply stated that the AI rep recommended revved up over juice box. ABS has both bulls so selling semen had nothing to do with it.

I get it, I think you may have taken my comment the wrong way. You are on the right track of trying to get opinions of someone who has actually used him. I just was pointing out that I don't really take AI reps opinions too seriously because they are just salesmen so their focus is on selling the bulls they have in their lineup so they have a reason/motive to have a narrow focus on what they are selling.

I personally have not seen a calf sired by Revved up in person or know of anyone around here using him. Of the 2 I'd probably lean toward Revved Up too based on the information available on him but I think there are better bulls than him available out there if you aren't limited to just ABS Bulls. I'm really not that impressed with the ABS Hereford bull lineup these days, that's just my opinion though. Everyone has their own selection criteria and goals so there is no such thing as a bull that will fit anyone's program and goals.

I know a guy that used Revved Up and he speaks highly of the baldy calves from him out of balancer cows. He had been using Ribeye in the past and they paired up well with his balancer cows to make some mighty fancy baldies. He claims the Revved Up calves are better than the Ribeyes. Can't speak for Juice Box.

Latest posts