Any Piedmontese Breeders?

Help Support CattleToday:

i dont breed them, but i have researched it. I might think about getting some later on, they are very interesting. I like how they look too. The double-muscling is just cool!! :cboy:

We had Piedmontese several years ago. But had to go with the Angus since that is what the buyer wants. Ipersonally love the build on the cattle, but the buyer wants nothing to do with them. I am still eating the beef and it is great.
I have wondered if you bred a Piedmontese cow, to an Angus bull, keep the heifer (if she had it) then breed it to another Angus bull, and keep repeating the process till you had a black calf that had the body mass and the color of an Angus. I wonder how the gene pool runs on the Piedmontese as far as the muscling. Is it like the color genes in black vs. red? Either you get all the muscling or get none? I would love to see the rump muscles of the Piedmontese on an Angus.

Hi. From what I understand, Chuckie, the Piedmontese characteristics can be half or complete. I have a cool lookin
1/2 pied from the sire, and 3/4 angus,1/4 simmental from the dam, bull calf. I'll try to figure out the camera/photo thing and post a picture for you. He's black. Is the buyer concerned with the color more than the breed, when he buys? I have only sold privately, since I'm a very small operation, and have not sold to a buyer, is why I ask.
When you had the piedmontese, did you breed pure or half?

We bred cross. We ran a PM bull with a little of everything. Some of the cows were PM crosses too. They really stamp the muscling on the calves. I would love to see the calf that you are talking about. Do try to post a picture of your calf.
I would like to try another Piedmontese cow and just experiment with it on the Angus bull.

Latest posts