Any other Australians on these boards?

Help Support CattleToday:

Ive heard that Russel Crowe has a ranch there? Ive also hear dthat King Ranch has some land there is this true? Do they run cattle on it?

Russell Crowe has country near Nana Glen which is just west of Coffs Harbour a coastal city about 4 hours drive south east of our place. He runs Angus cattle,he also has other country a bit north of there as well. He is very generous to the local community,he give the local public school a swimming pool for their own use,he also sponsors the local football team and is often seen at the games.
King Ranch I'm not sure what country they have here in Australia these days.
Mel Gibson did have land in the Upper Murray Valley but that has been sold in the past couple of years he had Angus and Saler cattle (Beartooth were the stud names)
Raining quite steadily here now.Have to go and do the chores in a minute in the muddy yards.
Colin

Australian Cattleman ... please send the rain this way! We are presently under drought watch the entire rainfall for my area (30 miles south of Houston) for the month of June so far is .30 of an inch.... that's 1/3 of an inch....Thank God my cattle are heat tollerant but the pastures are'nt.....I keep thinking that any moment the grass is going to spontaneously combust.

I have cousins that live in the Sydney area. Are you anywhere close to there? That's quite the accent you fellas have. I remember them visiting and asking if we had a 'shou'. It took quite a bit of time and hand signals to figure out he needed a 'shower'. One of those cousins moved to Montreal when he got older and now he has a French/Australian accent. I can barely understand one word in three talking to him now. I always kind of figured you guys were kinda crazy with your 'birds' and your 'snags' and your 'Foster's'. I think if I went down there I'd have to take some language courses first and I'd also have to bring my own beer, of course that'd be the same pretty much anywhere I went in the world. Good Luck.

I live about 700 klms from Sydney. Sydney is the capital of our state of New South Wales,there are 4.5 million people there. We've had nice rain overnight. 15mls (60 points) at our place and it looks like its set in for the day. Some coastal parts to our east (about 2-3 hours drive have had upwards of 10 inches and there is flooding in those areas.
Our country is sure a variable one. In the past month we have gone from very drought stricken,to frosts,to sleet and snow then now its rain. Our dams are very very low to empty. We still need at least 4 to 5 inches of quick rain to fill the dams.
The country now has a green tinge.That will burn off once it frosts again.
Colin

Australian Cattleman":1nhax5ol said:
Are there any other Australians on these boards? There used to be a couple of others but haven't heard from them for a while.

Colin

How about Australian born, Texas raised? :D

Latest posts