Any one try this twine?

Help Support CattleToday:

Haven't tried it.. Are you talking about the "Envirocord" type or Sisal type?

I bale really tight, and twine strength is of utmost importance to me.. They should make one that disflavorful to rats and mice!

Nesikep":1t6bu0kh said:
Haven't tried it.. Are you talking about the "Envirocord" type or Sisal type?

I bale really tight, and twine strength is of utmost importance to me.. They should make one that disflavorful to rats and mice!
The Envirocord I guess a sisal alternative.

I used the solar degradable in the past. It won't degrade if in the soil or tall grass. Left on the bale, exposed to sun, it will degrade and break into fine fibers after a year of being outside. It is just as strong as regular plastic twine, just not after sitting outside for a year.

Aaron":1nojccoq said:
I used the solar degradable in the past. It won't degrade if in the soil or tall grass. Left on the bale, exposed to sun, it will degrade and break into fine fibers after a year of being outside. It is just as strong as regular plastic twine, just not after sitting outside for a year.

Aaron, I think I'm using the same or similar stuff. Moved one of last years stacks last week and picked up some twine from under the stack. Looks just like the day it was put on. Sisal would probably be the same.

It seems like it is hard to get good quality sisal twine anymore. Too many imperfections in it that mess up when tying the bale. I hate having to get out of the tractor to get up close and personal with the baler and thread twine through every time it breaks :x The solar degradable twine I have used seems to feed through more reliably than sisal :idea:

Latest posts