Any music critics out there?

Help Support CattleToday:

Love it! Is it on a platform like youtube, Spotify,. etc? If so, can you post a link?
Unfortunately, no. I just made this up with a power point (the Texas flag)...other than that, all I have is a sound file. Written and recorded in 2010 with some co-workers - can't locate any of them now. Finally decided to get a copyright secured and tossed it out here for some feedback. Considering putting it on FB for a little more exposure. Licensing costs about $250 and then I would have to find a way to market it to someone in the music industry (perhaps a Brad Paisley or someone similar).

I am playing rythm guitar, lead guitar, & lead vocals.

But thanks for the compliment...it means a lot. Never been on spotify...I'll have to look into it. Do you think it would sell?

Unfortunately, no. I just made this up with a power point (the Texas flag)...other than that, all I have is a sound file. Written and recorded in 2010 with some co-workers - can't locate any of them now. Finally decided to get a copyright secured and tossed it out here for some feedback. Considering putting it on FB for a little more exposure. Licensing costs about $250 and then I would have to find a way to market it to someone in the music industry (perhaps a Brad Paisley or someone similar).

I am playing rythm guitar, lead guitar, & lead vocals.

But thanks for the compliment...it means a lot. Never been on spotify...I'll have to look into it. Do you think it would sell?

Since you asked....it needs to be 4 minutes or under, so you'd need to edit or rewrite it. Go ahead an license it with BMI or ASCAP, before you put it on FB or youtube. Right now, I or anyone on here that knew how, could license it as long as you were given writer's credit. Where did you record it? Send me your name, phone, email and your FB link in a PM. We will talk more about it, and I can give you some people to send it to, after you license it.

Ok, so the song Gary ( @gman4691 ) posted above caught my attention. This was a song he had written in 2010 and recorded it at his home studio. He and I talked , and I told him it had potential, but needed some production. Get in under 4 minutes, add some fiddle, piano, etc. And back up vocals. So he sent me the file, and I took it to our studio, The Afterdark Studio in Cartersville, GA. Afterdark is owned by Donny Hammonds, himself a talented performing artist and recording artist. Donny is the recording engineer at his studio as well. Checkout the new arrangement we recorded, and let us know what you think. Thyat is Gary singing.

Attachments

• _Juke Joint (2).mp3
    9.4 MB
Last edited:
Ok, so the song Gary ( @gman4691 ) posted above caught my attention. This was a song he had written i the 90's and recorded it at his home studio. He and I talked , and I told him it had potential, but needed some production. Get in under 4 minutes, add some fiddle, piano, etc. And back up vocals. So he sent me the file, and I took it to our studio, The Afterdark Studio in Cartersville, GA. Afterdark is owned by Donny Hammonds, himself a talented performing artist and recording artist. Donny is the recording engineer at his studio as well. Checkout the new arrangement we recorded, and let us know what you think. Thyat is Gary singing.
Should have a band name, or full name associated with it

Well aren't you a handy dandy. That is great. Definitely improved from original. I like the original song, and this is an improvement.
Gary's voice is just as strong 15 years after the original, too. He has a few more he has written that he is sending us. Donny is a very talented musician and engineer. All I did was suggest a direction on how to arrange it and score it. We are glad you like it!!!

Should have a band name, or full name associated with it
When I wrote it, we had a little park ranger band at a park I where I used to work. We called the ranger band Square One...but that was pretty much unofficial. No one but those of us in the band would recognize it. Haven't been able to reach any of them by phone, social media, or anything else...have no idea where they are or how to contact them. I wrote the song as a bit of a joke originally but we had a lot of fun with it so we recorded it (the one up there with the Texas flag). Early this year, I got a wild hair and decided to see if anyone had ever secured a copyright on it...no one had, so since I wrote it I decided to send in a copyright application, paid the fee, and licensed it on Mr. Allison's recommendation - licensed through ASCAP. He reached out to me on here and put me in touch with Donny at the Afterdark Studio...the rest as they say is history...this copy is what Donny and his crew put together. Studio musicians on instruments with yours truly on vocals. Had no idea it could sound this good. Kind of has that "classic country" sound. The copyright and license are both just in my name.

Just for fun. At the park where I work, we are holding our Annual Folk Festival this Saturday. Demonstrations of mostly early 19th century life. Made a little video during the COVID insanity when we were closed for our friends group's FB page. Thought I would toss it in here...background is just a touch of my musical eccentricities. Enjoy!

What the heck? Might as well throw this one out there, too. It's a bit longer with narration in the first 5 or so minutes and musical eccentricity for the last 3 minutes. Chimes and tree frogs recorded on my back patio. Have to give a nod to the Stephen F. Austin State University School of Fine Arts students in a basic photography class.

Latest posts