any MULE people I need advice

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
This may not be the right place to post this ?? but here I go.

I been wanting me a good riding mule so I bought one and everythings been great till today.I kept her in the lot for several days befor letting her out in the pasture with some Brahman cows and calves . She has been out with them for about a week no problem till today when I had a 1st calf heifer have a calf and it did not take this mule 10 min. to find the calf and take it away from the cow she had the calf trying to nurse her and was fighting the cow , even acted like she wanted to fight me when I took it away from her,
NOTE: calf back with cow and mule back in jail. :deadhorse: :deadhorse: but I don't know if I want to keep this mule now ? So I guess what I want to know is this with all mules or just with molly mules or will john mule be the same way don"t know what to do ??????????

Some mules are fine with cattle, molly mules are bad about taking calves. John mules are bad sometimes about killing calves. Best to keep the mule away from young calves. Once the calves get older you can turn her out.

We all did a happy dance the day we sold our mule. Then didnt answer the phone for a couple months in case they wanted to bring him back lol. There are still signs of Bill living here, crumpling gates was his signature. He loved pushing on them.

Latest posts