Any help with an 04 Tahoe AC?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
My wife's 2004 Tahoe blows cold air on the passenger side but not on the drivers side, from my research it sounds like an actuator. But I ran across this video on YouTube, is it complete bs and someone's idea of funny or may it have some basis to it. Part of the reason I ask is he says just put "2 or 3 fuses here and 2or 3 fuses here". Sounds fishy, but some comments are good, positive, just sounds fishy. Your thoughts on both the short video and what the problem is.

Thanks,
Alan

Sorry here's the video link, :oops:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fuGVAE3YWlg

I can't watch the video that you didn't post (I can't watch them here anyhow), but it does sound fishy... that said it could be a fuse controlling the actuator...

My buddies 04 Duramax blows cold out the pasanger side and hot out the drivers side. But it doesn't happen very often.

I sure cant see what it could hurt to try. I guess by pulling the fuses your killing power to the ac control (module, computer) whatever you call it. Causing it to reset, or reboot. Sounds like a common problem. I wouldn't be surprised if it works.

Remove the grounding strap from the battery and let it set awhile before attaching the ground back. This might do it I have a 2005 2500hd and I have to do that time to time.

Thanks for all the help! After recharging AC checking all the fuses and making sure the line going into a the AC was cold, I looked into replacing the actuator, which looked like a real PITA. I across the video I posted on pulling fuses for an hour and putting them back in. I didn't think that through, but disconnecting the battery did, as was suggested, and a common sense way other then pulling fuses which has the same end result. So disconnecting the battery for what was going to be an hour and turned into two worked great! AC on both sides! Wife is happy, except for her 4 WD system...... Which is another post soon to follow this one.

Thanks to all for you great tips and suggestions! :tiphat: :tiphat:

Alan

Latest posts